Firefox Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

wonder if anyone can help.

I recently downloaded the newest vwesion of Firefox but I'm having bother with it, Ive used it for years and never had any bother at all really.

New version is 10.0?

Whats basically happening now is when you go to shopping to goes straight to the U.S. version of e bay.

Ive tried and thought I'd changed it to the UK version, and Ive also taken it off and downloaded it several times to no avail.

Any ideas??

Thanks

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
My copy comes up with Google search and results in UK links such as Axminster PT and all prices in £'s.

What search engine have you selected as your search option.
Ffox.jpg

Attachments

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
When you say "go shopping" what do you actually mean?

If you want uk eBay just type ebay.co.uk into the address box. For Axminster, type axminster.co.uk - etc.

Or do you mean "shopping" results on a search engine?

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Firefox doesn't have a setting for Location as such, sites use IP sniffing to direct you to the correct version. It may be picking up on an incorrect windows region. Go to control panel and find Region and Languages. In there check that its all pointing to the UK. Also in firefox under view (press alt to get view menu) check what region the character encoding is set on, should be western or unicode I think.

If you meant google shopping, is it because you've not set your location since updating? Try an be a bit more specific about the problem, it could be a few things.