firefox keeps crashing on me

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
for some reason firefox has started crashing on me saying quicktime failed to initialize error #0, not sure what this means.
Anybody??

What OS are you using?

It did that to me (crashing, not the Quicktime thing) and in the end I chucked it away and downloaded it again. It kept my preferences (I'm pretty certain).

If it's a Mac you could also try repairing your permissions.

I've stopped using Firefox now, it's got just as slow, bloated and unstable as 'certain other' browsers IMO. Presently giving SeaMonkey a try, yes I know - that's Mozzilla too, but it seems much better so far. Time will tell.

Firefox slows down for me after a period of use, in two ways:-

1. During a session - it just consumes more and more memory. At the end of a day, it can easily be up to 1.2 GB

2. After a month or two and perhaps something to do with various extensions I use, it can get sluggish to the point of freezing for ages.

I am now trying Chrome and liking it's speed but missing some FF extensions I find essential.

waterhead37":1rxsu64l said:
missing some FF extensions I find essential.

It might be worth going back to FF, but disabling some plugins in a trial-and-error search. It's most likely that one of the plugins is leaking memory.

Yes I chucked Firefox as it was so slow, downloaded Google Chrome - hasn't got everything you'd like to have but way quicker and I'm used to it now and I like it.

After downloading the latest updates a short while ago, FF keeps crashing on me too. Seems to be something to do with Adobe and pdf files/webpages. I'v put up with it so far, but unless they work out a fix, I will ditch it fairly soon. Shame, as I like it. Not sure which browser I would use instead tho.

Drawback with Chrome is that some sites are picky and will refuse to play if your browser isn't on their list. So while buggy IE is perfectly acceptable to NatWest, Chrome is not.

Latest posts

Back