Fire engine bed WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is....brilliant...super brilliant!! You must be chuffed to bits with the result and I bet your son nearly wet himself with excitement!

I want one.....

Fantastic - thanks for sharing.

Steve

There's no other word for it but amazing. =D>

I'm sure the customer will be over the moon with his new bed. I love the attention to detail, you've really captured a fire engine while making it practical as a bed at the same time.

Dont forget to get the road tax and his provisional driving license.

It certainly is a satisfactory project and it looks a nice bit of carpentry.

Fantastico! As others have said this is amazing and I'm sure the customer will thoroughly enjoy the use of it! Love the VW steering wheel and Blaupunkt stereo. Have you wired up the stereo and flashing lights?

cheers
Steve

That is amazing, Mekkemikkel!

I am in awe! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That's one lucky boy!

Thanks for all the overwhelming feedback! :oops: :oops: :D

AndyT":2ycsbo4x said:
I specially like your use of real bits for the steering and dashboard. Have you wired up a battery and a real horn?

The lights are wired to the switches on the dashboard, but there is no horn! It's difficult enough to get some sleep in early mornings with two young boys in the house, so I prefer not to be awakened by horns or sirenes in addition! :shock: :lol:

Richard Findley":2ycsbo4x said:
I am totally speechless, excellent attention to detail and fantastic masking with the painting, I've tried masking like this in the past and it really is not easy!!!!

Richard

I tried a for me new method with the masking of the numbers on the door.
The template is just printed on 160g paper, and cut out with a sharp knife. Then I glued the template to the door with Titebond original and sprayed with a can. Then I tore the paper of before the glue set, and left the paint to dry. Sense the Titebond Original is water soluble it was easy to wash of all adhesive residue.

Hawk Moth":2ycsbo4x said:
Have you wired up the stereo and flashing lights?
cheers
Steve

I'm afraid that the stereo has past away, and probably the driver don't have a clue on how to operate a cassette player! I'm thinking about fitting a cheap new cd-player.

The flashing lights are wired and ready for action!

That is absolutely magnificent - and what's more, for the rest of his life your son will remember that it was his Dad who made it for him.

Thanks for sharing, really inspiring work.

Mekkemikkel":54xd0wit said:
I tried a for me new method with the masking of the numbers on the door.
The template is just printed on 160g paper, and cut out with a sharp knife. Then I glued the template to the door with Titebond original and sprayed with a can. Then I tore the paper of before the glue set, and left the paint to dry. Sense the Titebond Original is water soluble it was easy to wash of all adhesive residue.

Ah, very clever! I tried with what was supposed to be special masking paper and the result was rubbish. I ended up cutting out letters in thin MDF and sticking them down. Your method seems to have worked really well. Will have to try next time I need to do something similar.

Forgot to say, I also enjoyed the WIP. Thanks for that too!!

Cheers

Richard

I've only just stumbled upon this site, and am really impressed, but I must admit that that bed is brilliant. I hope my son doesn't see it or I am in some trouble. Well done.

Back