FFX Sale - Festool!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMUK":1gpeanqf said:
http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/clearance/mag7

Looks to be some promising deals to be had over the next 7 days :mrgreen:

Bit of a disappointment, not exactly 'clearance' prices. The 3 tools I checked are readily available at the same price elsewhere.

That surprises me. I've never been a Foolstool fan so I've never shopped around for them but FFX have 99% of the time been cheapest for all my Makita and Metabo stuff.

Example. I bought a Makita DLX2005 kit with 3 4ah batteries for my dad. Toolstation wanted £450 but FFX was only £270

Makita jigsaw for £133, apparently saving over £800 from the £933 list price. Are they serious???? £933 for that!! No wonder they're on special offer. I can't see them flying off the shelves at list price.

Be interesting to see what Festool reductions are offered though 8)

Where are they getting their retail prices from? I've never seen those tools at anything like those figures!

I'm overcome with antipathy; was probably going to buy at least a 2.7m guide rail and more than likely an OF1400, but I'll wait.

happymadison1978":18c2dyzi said:
Where are they getting their retail prices from? I've never seen those tools at anything like those figures!

I'm overcome with antipathy; was probably going to buy at least a 2.7m guide rail and more than likely an OF1400, but I'll wait.

The retail prices come from the manufacturer. It's extremely rare for anyone to try and sell at that price. List prices are a bit of a con. Every company that buys direct from source gets a decent discount, the actual rate depending on qty and how good your buyer is.

Put simply, list prices are just a marketing tool to make your average Joe think he's getting a bargain.

happymadison1978":dllybrpj said:

I bought my Dewalt track saw guides from FFX recently and they came as described, so they seem genuine despite the prices.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I've bought quite a few things from ffx but there prices are often no better than powertool supplies (N&B).

Back