Festoon TS 55 Track saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claud1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
has anyone had the spindle lock on a Festool TS 55 track saw lock when the saw is not in the blade changing mode just came to use it and found the blade won't turn checked for anything that could have caused it but can't find any obstruction. The saw is just over 3 years old. any suggestions would be appreciated checked on the net but can't find any information

I've had the bearing seize on a TS75 on the front of armature, which stopped the blade turning. I had a hell of a job removing the bearing as there is a plastic fan directly behind it so couldn't get any pullers on it. I had to knock t from the top with the bearing in the vice. I doing that I slightly mushroomed the end that locates in a bush (or was it another bearing? i can't remember). I had to grind it down to get it to locate. It works but I fear that it will be a bit wobbly, therefore wearing the worm gears.
So it was fixed with a £2 bearing from my local bearing suppliers (Mercury Bearings, 5 minutes from my workshop). however if was a pig to do and the saw is not as smooth as it was, if I had that day back I would have sent it to TTS and paid them to do it whilst I fixed a boat.
Paddy

Latest posts

Back