Festool vouchers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also don't seem to get post from festool anymore despite not having changed address since i got the dust extractor voucher. i did point this out today when i called them and they said i should get the recent voucher - if i don't i will just call up and ask for one as am entitled to it by the terms of the offer.

Anyway i did speak to Nuts and Bolts and Festool this morning to get my dilemma sorted and it has been agreed that the CMS GE, CM OF insert, CMS TS insert will all be "fudged" in order to qualify for the deal. I also just ordered a DF700 with the 12/14mm domino systainer that will come on Friday so this will also be "fudged" in order to qualify me for the full £225 discount.

It took a bit of discussion with Festool and I had to be pretty blunt about sending it all back if I had to but they did eventually agree and called Nuts and Bolts for me to authorize the solution and to get Nuts and Bolts to call me back to agree what needed to happen. So now all i need to do is send on my voucher to them sending (RMSD) and they will doctor the paper work however they need to and refund me £225

I think it is a bit of a nightmare for both dealer and Festool to take tools back under the 15 days policy (especially a big bulky CMS and inserts) as it has to go back to Festool to be checks and re packaged for sale again.

big thanks and well done to Matt @Nuts and Bolts and to Rachael @Festool UK! Oh and maybe a thanks to Wuffles @forum super poster for giving me the impetus to call them and try and sort something out.

Petey83":ctbiesh1 said:
i also don't seem to get post from festool anymore despite not having changed address since i got the dust extractor voucher. i did point this out today when i called them and they said i should get the recent voucher - if i don't i will just call up and ask for one as am entitled to it by the terms of the offer.

Anyway i did speak to Nuts and Bolts and Festool this morning to get my dilemma sorted and it has been agreed that the CMS GE, CM OF insert, CMS TS insert will all be "fudged" in order to qualify for the deal. I also just ordered a DF700 with the 12/14mm domino systainer that will come on Friday so this will also be "fudged" in order to qualify me for the full £225 discount.

It took a bit of discussion with Festool and I had to be pretty blunt about sending it all back if I had to but they did eventually agree and called Nuts and Bolts for me to authorize the solution and to get Nuts and Bolts to call me back to agree what needed to happen. So now all i need to do is send on my voucher to them sending (RMSD) and they will doctor the paper work however they need to and refund me £225

I think it is a bit of a nightmare for both dealer and Festool to take tools back under the 15 days policy (especially a big bulky CMS and inserts) as it has to go back to Festool to be checks and re packaged for sale again.

big thanks and well done to Matt @Nuts and Bolts and to Rachael @Festool UK! Oh and maybe a thanks to Wuffles @forum super poster for giving me the impetus to call them and try and sort something out.

I actually know Matt, he's a very good egg. Glad that got sorted...let's see what friction Axminster give Stu now.

Well! That puts pressure on me - not sure I can be pineappled to be honest! I know that's not the attitude, but I feel I'm a bit too polite and I don't want to be seen as unbritish! We have a tradition of not complaining.

I think I might just wait for the Vouchers and then go and have another spend!

Petey83":2dhgk0s2 said:

They're a good bunch, people give Festool a lot of stick but if you had just asked Makita, Dewalt etc to do what they've done they'd tell you where to go.

Nuts & Bolts are a good dealer too, ive spent a few quid with them over the years.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Stu i would defiantly get on the phone. Nuts and Bolts were a bit tight lipped at first and Festools initial reaction was no sorry can't help but a bit of polite but forceful persistence paid off. Yes i said i would have the domino DF700 as well if they could sort me out but i believe they would of done something for me anyway.

Matt at Nuts and Bolts told me that the 15 day return thing is a bit of pain for them and Festool so i guess it is in their interest a bit to try and accommodate.

ultimatly festool only need to look at the machines i have registered with them in the last 18months and they could probably safely assume the £225 will be back with them within the next 6 months anyway :D :D :D :shock:

I agree with others Stu, give it a go. You are not complaining, all you are doing is explaining that you have the right to send the items back and then repurchase at a discount. This is something Festool has voluntarily included as part of the incentives they give to buyers to encourage them to purchase their tools. As I said before, if Festool does not assume this will happen to some extent they are not doing a great job of analysing the cost / benefit of their promotional offer.

I may have mentioned before but when I bought my Domino at the D&M show last year I was misinformed about what was included by a Festool rep on their stand. I only noticed items I had been told would be included were not when I got home. Festool didn't have to stand behind what was said they could have just disputed it, but they didn't they made sure I got the additional items at no cost to me. So in my experience they are pretty switched on to customer service.

It really can't hurt to give them a call.

Terry.

I never seem to get any vouchers or special offers from Festool?
Last year when people on here were talking about their vouchers I had registered a few Festool tools a month or so before and spent around a grand on new toys, but got zilch. :(

Back