Festool TS 55 R dustbag conversion

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevM

Established Member
Reaction score
For anyone that's interested, I converted my TS55R to use the dustbag from the TSC55, Festool Part 500393 "Festool SB-TSC Chip Collection Bag For TSC55 and HKC55"

Festool_500393.jpg

You also need Festool Part 10015824 Angled Piece to Connect Chip Collection Bag to TS55

10015824_B.jpg

Total cost of parts from FFX was ~£38 delivered (other vendors are available...)

It took about 5 mins to pop-off the blade cover, watching out for the tiny spring that appears to be part of the retractable splinter guard assembly, and reassemble. I now have the option to use my TS55 with extraction (preferable) or dustbag where necessary. I did have a bit of trouble with the hex screw nearest the extractor port - my keys didn't engage very well and I had to find another set that worked better. I've only used the dustbag once so far, and it was so windy the benefit of the dust bag wasn't that obvious!

Edited to add that my saw is the TS55R, purchased June '14

Distinterior":1p5anstl said:
Is your TS55 the "R" version or the older TS55 EBQ? You stated it was a TS55, but I m not sure that adaptor fits the older TS55.

Thanks for the heads-up, mine is the TS 55 R, I've no idea if this adaptor works with the older saw.

I just changed mine too , fed up with the hose snagging all the time. The new nozzle sticks in any position so helps to stop snagging. I didn't bother buying the bag.

If you do this you have to point it down or remove it every time you put the saw back in the systainer.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

chippy1970":1a49kbs4 said:
I just changed mine too , fed up with the hose snagging all the time. The new nozzle sticks in any position so helps to stop snagging.

You're right - it's worth the conversion just to avoid the hose snagging issues. It does take a couple of tries each time before I remember to angle the connector down to fit in the Systainer.

Hi Kev,

I've done the same conversion on my TS55 REBQ and this bag is a true marvel ! The dust extraction is surely a bit better with the hose attached but I would say that the bag is only inferior only by a short margin and maybe 10% less efficient than the hose.

Best purchase ever and highly recommended !

Back