Festool Track Saw TS 55 taken apart and reviewed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool review. Nice to see a metal butchers review of the tool, just reinforces how much more dainty and refined we woodworkers are :lol:

He doesn't look at the saws use and its safety features! it had those motors brushes but they will not burn out because when u get it too hot it goes into safe mode you hold the trigger for a few seconds it spins at a slower speed not under load and cools down. This has only happened me when i was lazy and tried cutting solid wood with the wrong blade pulled out the panther blade and went through it like butter.

secondly the base isn't flat like the skill saw he showed because it runs on a track and wants to reduce friction! very goos saw in my opinion maybe the softer plastic is a Cheaper choice by festool. But i mind my saw like a baby and its nearly 3 years old without a ding :)

I really enjoyed that - though I'd like to see (will have a search later) a similar piece on a Dewalt, Makita, Bosch blue or similar.

Interesting review, seems rare to find anyone willing to tear down expensive tools. However I'm not convinced by his opinions on the longevity of some of the parts. There seem to be a fair few people on this forum who use Festool for site work and I've not noticed any comments that suggest the saw is not up to it, the exact opposite appears to be true.

Back