Festool TKS 80 table top, is this acceptable?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just had delivered a tks80 but i am having a nightmare with the throat plate (insert). It was not flush with the table top so i used the adjusters, no matter what i do it is either not level or it sticks up at one end. I dont remember my old dewalt being this hard, in fact it took me about 20 mins at most, this has taken 3 hours on and off.

I have put my woodpeckers rule across with a light behind to check how flat it is, would you think this is acceptable? I can't lift the throat plate anymore as its not flush at the edges as it is.
Did you buy the right hand extension table VB to go with the main table. I am having such a problem trying to align them exactly. The angle fence guide will not run freely between the two tables.

to go with the TKS80. Whatever I do I cannot seem o align the main table exactly with the extension part.

Did you buy the right hand extension table VB to go with the main table. I am having such a problem trying to align them exactly. The angle fence guide will not run freely between the two tables.

Hi, no i did not but Festool have nearly redeemed themselves. They have ordered a new saw for me and are checking it over before it is sent to me. I know it should be right before it arrives without the need to do this but i am happy they are doing it.

Have you tried getting in touch with them to see what they can do?

Mark

to go with the TKS80. Whatever I do I cannot seem o align the main table exactly with the extension part.

Is it not a table saw, then so long as the wood can pass over that plate without catching on the outfeed side and the blade fully exits the wood then it will cut, if it was a router table then you would have an issue.

Is it not a table saw, then so long as the wood can pass over that plate without catching on the outfeed side and the blade fully exits the wood then it will cut, if it was a router table then you would have an issue.

That is not the problem the op is having. When you add the side attachment the fence slides between the two, so it should be flush, otherwise it catches.

Thanks for your comment Mark. I will give Festool a ring tomorrow. The fences catch on the extension table and there is nothing I can do to align it properly.

Back