Festool serial number check for stolen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
Im interested in buying a secondhand tool, and want to verify it’s not stolen. I can’t find a way to check the Festool serial number to see if it’s been reported stolen. Does this facility exist and my searching on google is just hopeless? If it does could you point in its direction. Thanks.

I've never had to do it, but I would of thought if you just phone Festool UK head office in Bury St Edmunds, tell them your situation and ask them if they could check the T-Nr and S-Nr numbers of the machine you are hoping to buy.
They should be able to tell you if it's been reported as stolen......

Their phone number is 01284 760791 or email is [email protected]

This question comes up from time to time on the Festool Owners Group, but so far there is no way to check the registered owner of Festool equipment.

If you have access to the tool's data plate for the serial number, check the date of manufacture. Without a receipt, Festool uses the date of manufacture for any warranty claims, including theft in some situations.

Festool provides theft insurance for three years after a tool is registered. If the original owner registered the tool within 30 days of purchase AND it was stolen during the three year window AND the owner reported it to the police, then Festool would have replaced the tool. This doesn't answer your question, but could have provided the original owner some relief if it was stolen.

Festool does not provide any theft protection on the replacement tool or start the 3-year warranty clock again. The replacement tool will have the remainder of the original tool's warranty.

All my tools are SmartWatered.
Thats a good way to mark your tools, cannot be removed as it can get into nooks and crannies and provides solid evidence of the owner providing people use UV torches and if suspicous contact the police. Has the festoool owners group thought about having their own database for festool tools owned by it's members ?

Has the festoool owners group thought about having their own database for festool tools owned by it's members ?
About 13 years ago, one of the Administrators was considering setting up a database for North America, but nothing came out of it. For an international customer base, I imagine it would be a nightmare to manage and ensure privacy.

Thanks all, I’d contacted Festool not expecting a quick response (thought it would be days) before posting and they confirmed what MikeK has said. Most impressive that they responded within an hour to a general query!

Back