Festool sale at Rutlands - mainly 110V!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/clearance//all
Some real 110V bargains you lucky things!
240V vacs also reduced though (arghh - only bought one recently!).
Think some of the original prices are already the 2010 prices which is a bit cheeky. [Edit - notice other places also have already put their prices up ~5% - shocker.]
Cheers
Gidon

"Some real 110V bargains you lucky things!"

For the price of a 110v converter you would still be saving a chunk of money and of course if you bought more than 1 item think how much MORE you would save...... 8)

Since I went 110v to grab a bargain on a 4" belt sander I've picked up some right 110v bargains and a few routers in the US as well

Really? Not looked into that.
Ah well - I've gone Festool mad the last few weeks and have everything I need except perhaps an MFT which Rutlands don't sell :(.
Cheers
Gidon

reasonable discount if you already have a transformer.

Did you notice the LN stuff on clearance? I assume LN have pulled out of some UK retailers too. Good on them.

gidon":2gc0fb8r said:
Think some of the original prices are already the 2010 prices which is a bit cheeky. [Edit - notice other places also have already put their prices up ~5% - shocker.]

Yep, that's certainly the case with the Work Sharp 3000.

So, err, although you "save £50", it's still the same bloody price it has been for several months now! :x

OPJ":hsz0hxza said:
gidon":hsz0hxza said:

Yep, that's certainly the case with the Work Sharp 3000.

So, err, although you "save £50", it's still the same bloody price it has been for several months now! :x

You expect integrity from rutlands???

Don't forget there's only likely to be one of each item, and when they've sold it they won't tell you, even after your order goes in!!! :twisted:

I took a break from Rutlands-bashing, but I missed it too much, so I'm back!! :lol:

Hey Tom.....

I see they've got sale prices on Dakota stuff too!

:D :D :twisted:

I still think the Rutlands paper catalogue is a fine piece of publishing...works PERFECTLY in size for dragging onto the throne....

I find the Axminster one makes you tilt forward too much...

:wink: :D

Jim

archersam":3mnif0ey said:

For the price of a 110v converter you would still be saving a chunk of money and of course if you bought more than 1 item think how much MORE you would save...... 8)

Since I went 110v to grab a bargain on a 4" belt sander I've picked up some right 110v bargains and a few routers in the US as well

Just a couple or three stupid questions guys :oops: If I had a 110v converter would all US power tools work on it? Are there different types of converters, ie 240v to 110v? And finally will US machines (P/T, Table Saws) work on the same converter.
The reason I ask is I am sure that I read somewhere that there are different types of converters. Oh yeah how much are they (roughly)?

Be gentle in your pineapple taking because after all it is Xmas :oops:

Cheers

Mike

I looked and there are some real bargains wish I had the money to buy some :cry: :cry: :cry: domino 110v for £499 £80 off wow of1010 £40 cheaper than I payed a couple of months ago. I wonder if Festool know about them discounting their stuff they wont be a Festool dealer for much longer if they do.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/clearance//all

Mike.C":264usnmv said:
archersam":264usnmv said:

Just a couple or three stupid questions guys :oops: If I had a 110v converter would all US power tools work on it? Are there different types of converters, ie 240v to 110v? And finally will US machines (P/T, Table Saws) work on the same converter.
The reason I ask is I am sure that I read somewhere that there are different types of converters. Oh yeah how much are they (roughly)?

Cheers

Mike

Mike all you need is a 3 KVA site transformer (about £50) to run nearly any 110v tool, its what we use all the time all my stuff is 110v (UK) not imported but I have seen people using 110v American tools over here.

chippy1970":2865hxk8 said:
Mike.C":2865hxk8 said:
archersam":2865hxk8 said:

Cheers

Mike

Mike all you need is a 3 KVA site transformer (about £50) to run nearly any 110v tool, its what we use all the time all my stuff is 110v (UK) not imported but I have seen people using 110v American tools over here.

Many thanks Chippy, is that the yellow transformer type boxes that you find on building sites?

As for Rutlands and their discount of Festool stuff, in this months Woodworker Toolsave are advertising discounted Festool (while stocks last) and on their website they state that they are not currently trading with Festool http://www.toolsave-direct.co.uk/festool/ So I think a few companies maybe dropping them, or they are dropping certain retailers.

Cheers

Mike

jimi43":xll8722m said:
Hey Tom.....

I see they've got sale prices on Dakota stuff too!

:D :D :twisted:

I still think the Rutlands paper catalogue is a fine piece of publishing...works PERFECTLY in size for dragging onto the throne....

I find the Axminster one makes you tilt forward too much...

:wink: :D

Jim

But the Axminster paper is soooooo much softer! :D

Mike.C":r1kwq20i said:
Many thanks Chippy, is that the yellow transformer type boxes that you find on building sites?

As for Rutlands and their discount of Festool stuff, in this months Woodworker Toolsave are advertising discounted Festool (while stocks last) and on their website they state that they are not currently trading with Festool http://www.toolsave-direct.co.uk/festool/ So I think a few companies maybe dropping them, or they are dropping certain retailers.

Cheers

Mike

Yep thats the one I use 3KVA that runs most things the biggest thing I use is an elektra bekum table saw.

I couldnt see any discounted stuff a toolsave but will look closer I think toolsave were the ones that were on here or Festool owners group plugging their website wouldnt be surprised if Festool dropped them they seemed very dodgy.

chippy1970":18td4wds said:
Mike.C":18td4wds said:

Cheers

Mike

Yep thats the one I use 3KVA that runs most things the biggest thing I use is an elektra bekum table saw.

I couldn't see any discounted stuff a toolsave but will look closer I think toolsave were the ones that were on here or Festool owners group plugging their website wouldn't be surprised if Festool dropped them they seemed very dodgy.

Yeah its strange. As I said their Woodworker magazine advert (page 49) claims to be discounting them, but as you said this does not seem to be the case on their website. They are also selling the Fox clone of the SIP 10" table saw for £629 including VAT and delivery (20 left). The picture also shows the sliding table, but whether this is included I do not know, and it does not even show the Fox at all on their website :roll:

Cheers

Mike

Back