Festool planer chip collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owd git

Established Member
Reaction score
I have acquired a Festool EHL65EQ planer from the local pawn shop. The chip collector bag is a bit expensive, so before I buy has anyone used one are they worth the expense. I would be grateful of any help. Regards Charlie.

Never used a bag, personally. If you're not planning on hooking it up to a vac, then I'd say the bag is 20-odd quid well spent. That said actual dust/shaving extraction is very effective, so if you have the option to use a vac then I'd recommend it.

Cheers, Pete

was it a great bargain? you can get some very cheap tools from cash converters, always wonder if there nicked though :(

adidat

Thanks for quick reply Pete. The wife has put her foot down regarding using her Dyson :lol: I am trying to decide on buying the bag or putting the money towards something like a Henry hoover.

The lidl vac is a good buy when it is in store. 60 or 80 quid I think.

Don't bother with the bag on the ehl65 , it's designed to work best with a vac. It doesn't really have the umpf to blast the chippings into the bag, which is fair enough as it's a small light planer.

With a vac it's excellent I often use mine in people's houses and leave no mess :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chippy1970":1gjgkj6a said:
Don't bother with the bag on the ehl65 , it's designed to work best with a vac. It doesn't really have the umpf to blast the chippings into the bag, which is fair enough as it's a small light planer.

With a vac it's excellent I often use mine in people's houses and leave no mess :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks I almost bid on one today on ebay but decided to wait for more advice from forum members glad I did your post has convinced me to go for a vac. Thanks again Charlie.

Thanks to all who took the trouble to reply.

Latest posts

Back