Festool Multi Table inquiry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsworth

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally gave in and bought the Festool multi table. After setting it up and trying to square it up, i noticed that there is an alful lot of flex in the sled for the saw. I manually moved it back and forth and it moves about a half an inch at the free end. I looked at the hinge part and it looks really flimsy!!! Is this normal?

From the video's it looks persise and they don't seem to be concerned about checking for square or anything but i've made several cuts and have had to use a square to align it before cutting to achieve such success that seems normal in the video.

Am i doing something wrong?

The hinge is quite loose, but there's a thingy at the front of the MFT that the guide rail rests on.
This thingy (can you tell I don't know the real name) has a lump that fits into the underside of the "bump" on the guide rail.
When so set up it is precise.

Thanks cambournepete that did the trick! There were no instructions that came with the darn thing and i couldn't find any assembly instructions. After i read your post i found a set up video on Youtube, cleared up few other concerns i had as well.

Woodsworth is it the MFT3 or the old 1080 ?

I think they are more popular states side you never see many people using them here. I just think they are too much money for a bench no matter how useful they are but I bet if I used one I would change my mind :lol:

I am waiting for the Carvex jigsaw that looks good.

It is the MFT3. It is a lot of money! I really thought long and hard before buying it. Between that and the saw it is a £1000 but I felt that the saw was more usable with the table and am planing on making it into a table saw as well. Seen it on Utube. I used it the other day to make a wardrobe built in and am quite pleased with it. Seems to cut nice and square and is easy to work with. I sure wish i would of had this years ago when i used to do a lot of walk in closets for posh apartments.

I was hoping to sell my Bosh table saw to off set the cost of this purchase but I haven't sold it yet. Possibly because it is a 110 unit and most people looking for a table saw use them at home on 240.

A question for other festool owners...

The guide rails. I'd like to combine the one from the table and the one for the saw to cut full sheets, is there a connection i can get to join them? I used the fitting that came with the table to join the two but need another one for the groove on the bottom side so it is more rigid. Is there one you can buy?

woodsworth":1rntfv0f said:
A question for other festool owners...

The guide rails. I'd like to combine the one from the table and the one for the saw to cut full sheets, is there a connection i can get to join them? I used the fitting that came with the table to join the two but need another one for the groove on the bottom side so it is more rigid. Is there one you can buy?

Yes you can get the guide rail connectors - I bought a set from my friendly dealer when I got my rails.

http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct.asp?PID=146949

This website just used for illustration - no endorsement of purchase from here!

Cheers
David

Thank you very much! I thought they'd be very expensive if you could find them at all. I wish their clamps were that cheap!

woodsworth":3u26snxl said:
...The guide rails. I'd like to combine the one from the table and the one for the saw to cut full sheets, is there a connection i can get to join them?...
A word of warning, in case you haven't thought of it...
Combining those rails won't be quite long enough for a full sheet.
You need to allow for about a saw length at either end of the sheet - 2480mm combined length ain't enough.
Better to get a second 1400 rail.
Better still a 2700 rail, but don't look at the price!

I don't what size the one was that came with the saw but i combined the two and it just reached end to end on the sheet of plywood. I wouldn't of been asking about the connectors if it weren't so.

So far this festool set up is the most handy set up i've had for on site work.

woodsworth":337ktdot said:
I don't what size the one was that came with the saw but i combined the two and it just reached end to end on the sheet of plywood. I wouldn't of been asking about the connectors if it weren't so.

So far this festool set up is the most handy set up i've had for on site work.

Thats no good having the rail the same length as the ply, Petes trying to tell you that you need an over hang at each end my 2700 is just long enough to rip an 8x4

Well at the price of the rails i think it will be ok. Not all of us have a lot of money to throw at these things and for my purposes and amount of on site work i do it will work. If i did a lot of on site work i'd probably get the longer rail. In shop i only rough cut with it as it is easier then hauling full sheets to the table saw, and if i was younger i'd not even bother rough cutting.

woodsworth":2pkjwr8j said:
Well at the price of the rails i think it will be ok. Not all of us have a lot of money to throw at these things and for my purposes and amount of on site work i do it will work. If i did a lot of on site work i'd probably get the longer rail. In shop i only rough cut with it as it is easier then hauling full sheets to the table saw, and if i was younger i'd not even bother rough cutting.

Good luck let us know how you get on, as for people having lots of money to throw at these things how did you afford the MFT3 then ? I cannot afford one
All you need to rip a sheet correctly is another 1400 rail which is probably around £60 not a lot of money when you have just bought a £500 work bench.

Like i said i am getting on fine with the two i have and if it was a problem i'd of bought the 1400 mm one but it isn't necessary, i was just being kind by not rebutting your comment. I did see £500 as a lot of money to but it was justifiable only because i had the Festool ???75 and they work well together to save time. It is also a lot easier to put in my car to take to job sites then the bosh table saw.

Back