Festool Guide Rail System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roughcut

Established Member
Reaction score
When using a Festool router on the guide rail in conjunction with the guide rail adapter are there manufactured Festool stops available for adding on on to the guide rail for producing repetitive stopped housing joints etc.?
I've looked on at Festool dealers websites without finding anything so far.

Yes there are, they fasten in one of the grooves on the rail and flip over as and when required.

Roughcut":os4mo0sc said:
When using a Festool router on the guide rail in conjunction with the guide rail adapter are there manufactured Festool stops available for adding on on to the guide rail for producing repetitive stopped housing joints etc.?

These?
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/s ... VwtLTH8u8Q

FESTOOL 491582 KICKBACK STOP FS-RSP
used as a rear and front stop position on guide rail FS/2
can also be used as guide stop

pcb1962":119qoowo said:
Roughcut":119qoowo said:

These?
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/s ... VwtLTH8u8Q

FESTOOL 491582 KICKBACK STOP FS-RSP
used as a rear and front stop position on guide rail FS/2
can also be used as guide stop

Yes!!!
Thanks pcb1962 and custard for your replies.
I thought there must be something available and actually just watched an American youtube video where he uses those stops with a router on the track. There was some confusion as I also came across the same product which is also known as a limit stop.
However that certainly is what I was after.
Thank you.

Hi roughCut. I was also looking for some of those but thought 12 quid easy was a little steep. Made a couple up out of two blocks of wood with a grove to fit the track and a couple of router jig parts. Took no time and works great.

noddy67":137inefo said:
Hi roughCut. I was also looking for some of those but thought 12 quid easy was a little steep. Made a couple up out of two blocks of wood with a grove to fit the track and a couple of router jig parts. Took no time and works great.

+1 here too.

noddy67":35fkp8v3 said:

Yeah that's a good idea noddy67 and would be easy to make actually had I thought of it.
However I've now got a pair of the Festool stops so might as well use them now.

Back