• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Festool 576481 18V TID Impact Drill Bare Unit in Systainer £149 at FFX

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic Rhodes

Established Member
Reaction score
Long term fan of impact drivers but never owned one so always has been on wish list. I had looked at the Festool to fit into my battery system but struggled to justify but found FFX latest offer today and pulled trigger on base unit for only £149 in Systainer which I felt was a great price. So often Festool savings are just £10. Sure someone will now post a cheaper offer!

Extremely low price for that model, but is it that much better than the Bosch models that retail around the £120 mark normally?

I'm a fan of certain Fein tools but no doubt that they are well behind the market leaders when it comes to their batteries.
Festool look to be the same. Their 4Ah batteries look enormous compared to the latest batteries from (e.g.) Bosch. That must compromise the ergonomics.

I'm a fan of certain Fein tools but no doubt that they are well behind the market leaders when it comes to their batteries.
Festool look to be the same. Their 4Ah batteries look enormous compared to the latest batteries from (e.g.) Bosch. That must compromise the ergonomics.
Can’t comment on the Bosch batteries as I gave up on them years ago after problems with them but the Festool 3ah batteries are smaller than my Makita 3ah & the 5ah a similar size to my Makita 5ah

but is it that much better than the Bosch models that retail around the £120 mark normally?
No, Bosch, Makita and Dewalt will all produce more than capable impact drivers and at a lot less money providing you can live without the green bits. This brushless Makita, bare is just £65, half the price and Makita is a quality tool. Makita DTD153Z 18V Brushless Impact Driver Bare Unit

The two tools that get a lot of use on a daily basis are the cordless drill and the impact driver so need to be at hand, do you really need a box to keep it in? The boxes for my three makita drills and impact drivers all went to recycling because I cannot be arsseeeed to get a box out just to access such a high usage tool.

Long term fan of impact drivers but never owned one so always has been on wish list. I had looked at the Festool to fit into my battery system but struggled to justify but found FFX latest offer today and pulled trigger on base unit for only £149 in Systainer which I felt was a great price. So often Festool savings are just £10. Sure someone will now post a cheaper offer!

All so looked and looks and feels good. Might be mistaken but i heard that 2 different volt batts are compatable so you got to make sure its the 1 that goes with the ra n ge. I was t really listeni g when sbe k my ear. So maybe take with a pinch of salt.

Long term fan of impact drivers but never owned one so always has been on wish list.
Once you have used one to drive in 4 inch screws you will wish you had brought one sooner, and if doing heavier work using big structural wood screws at over 250mm then you will wonder how you ever managed without one. Make sure you have decent driver bits and good wood screws, I use driver bits by Durum and Wera.

I've been meaning to get this impact driver/drill ever since I was asked to do a field test on a pre production model by Festool.
Just never got around to ordering one...until now!

I ordered one from FFX yesterday afternoon and it's just arrived.....👍👍👍
At £129,....Very happy!

I've been meaning to get this impact driver/drill ever since I was asked to do a field test on a pre production model by Festool.
Just never got around to ordering one...until now!

I ordered one from FFX yesterday afternoon and it's just arrived.....👍👍👍
At £129,....Very happy!
I ordered one too as I have some Festool batteries for my TS55. All my other drill drivers are Bosch, but I've been thinking about getting an impact driver for years. I figured that this deal on the 18V TID was worth a punt; allowing for the fact you could buy another brand for the same price normally.

I nearly ordered one of these as I like my Festool stuff and it is a great price but I already own a Makita impact which I hardly use so can't really justify another 😐

I have ordered one of the 3.1ah Festool batteries they have on offer though as you can't have enough batteries and these are also a great price 👍

I have also ordered one from FFX, £129 due to be delivered today, after shopping around first, I noticed D&M are selling the same tool for £290 and many more are charging silly prices, it makes me wonder what profit these people are making on tools?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084VRS...=osi&th=1&psc=1&ascsubtag=ecSEPcwvw16l4gnvx8y
As far as I could see, the ~£300 price for the 18V TID is the norm, so the better question might be why is FFX selling them so cheap? I've ordered from FFX before so I "trust" the listing, but do wonder why the deal is in place (new model on the horizon etc.)

A newer model? maybe, but this one is still a good bargain at that price, and if FFX is making a profit at that price how much does Festool get for it, it seems that the retailers are the ones making the big profits or am I looking at this all wrong

I was told at one time FFX could sell some Festool stuff for less than they paid for it as they got some kind of rebate from Festool at the end of the year because they sold so much, this was supposed to have been sorted out as other dealers weren't happy.

I was also told they would break down sets and sell off the parts like batteries, systainers, chargers separately which gave them more profit, don't know if that's true or the case here?

I have spent a lot with FFX over the years and never had any problems, I know people who have had problems but I guess when you sell that much stuff there will always be a few issues.

I've also bought quite a few tools & accessories from them over the years and only had an issue once with their delivery.......My Festool Kapex went missing for 5 days but eventually turned up......never had any explanation as to why it got mislaid.

When I ordered my impact driver the other day from them, it showed they still had 83 more in stock....!!!

Edit. Now showing 55 left in stock.....

Back