Fence assembly for planer thicknesser needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cplev

Reaction score
Does anyone have a defunct planer thicknesser of the generic SIP 01344 type, eg Record PT260,Metabo/Elektra-Beckum HC260 etc? I need a fence assembly - mine lost in a move - and a replacement is proving very difficult to track down. Record can supply but with a six week delivery time.

I know these machines don't last for ever(!) so perhaps someone has a terminal case somewhere and could flog me the fence.

Alternatively if anyone know where I can get this off the shelf I'd love to know where......?

Thanks for any leads.

cplev":1zkc09lt said:
Does anyone have a defunct planer thicknesser of the generic SIP 01344 type, eg Record PT260,Metabo/Elektra-Beckum HC260 etc? I need a fence assembly

Thanks for any leads.

I sold my record PT260 several months ago and the worst thing about the machine was the fence or I should say the adjustability of it, there is a long thread on the forum asking about retro fences for this design or make of machine. The conclusion is that there is no retro fence but there were rumblings that there would be a better design in the future coming off the drawing board, but alas no such thing has happened the chinese still keep banging out this poor design.

I did away with the adjustable bracket and bolted on a machined 90deg bracket, ok it wasn't adjustable but it made the fence exactly 90deg and it was a vast improvement over the record offering.

Thanks guys.

I've read the comments about the fence and agree, however any fence is better than none!

I'll have to order the bits I guess, or take Record up on their six week delivery for the assembly. In the meantime if anyone hears of a defunct machine, please let me know. I'm sure all the importers will have returns, dead machines and so on but they won't deal direct or in a flexible way, it has to be through a local agent.

Thanks for the welcome, Neil!

why not claim on the removal companies insurance ,you might be able to get a new planer quicker rather than muck about trying to get the bits for your old one

Back