felder machine dust exraction advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markturner

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I have a CF741 universal machine and would like to know how anyone with similar machine gets around the problem of the outlet points for the extraction being the wrong size to connect easily to standard reducers. I have to sleeve them to match with tape and bits of correx, which works, but I am going to upgrade my chip and dust system and want sort it out properly. When I got the machine originally, I got various components that I thought would fit from axmnister, but the machine seems to have its own special sizes...... Do I need to buy some hideously overpriced Felder parts or is there another solution?
Cheers, Mark

Hello Mark, I use the same Felder CF741 machine as you. I went all around the houses trying to figure out independent dust extraction systems, but in the end I couldn't find anything suitable so threw in the towel and got a Felder RL125 extractor and plumbed it all together with Felder pipes, blast gates, etc. Not the cheapest solution I appreciate, but it does work perfectly and all went together very smoothly.

Do keep us posted on where you end up because I'm going to get a (non Felder) drum sander soon, so I won't have an option but to figure out how to connect a 100mm machine into Felder's 50/80/120/140mm system.

My solution

I blagged some offcuts of gas pipe from the gas board when they were working in the road

this was mounted on the lathe and turns beautifully to the outside dia of the felder spigots

the inside dia is an interference fit for the outer dia of 110mm wastepipe for which I have had no problem connecting to the extractor

works for me but only if you can blag the pipe

I have an adapter that doubles as the connector to the machine. You only need one! Alternatively if you are upgrading the extraction system why not get the right size hose for the machine

Thanks for all the tips /advice, especially the badger one..... :D

Custard, as you say, I think it may be quicker and simpler to bite the Felder bullet and buy the adapters, then I should be able to use this: http://www.felder-tooling.co.uk/8head-0 ... 029-head20 to then connect to standard 100mm hose ? Pete, are these the right ones?

I have brought the Axminster 2HP extractor, shown here: http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-tr ... -extractor so hopefully should be pretty good once I get it all hooked up

Cheers,

PAC1":nw1l27xc said:
I have the 100/120 adaptor

So if you had a hose that terminated in a Felder 120mm quick connector, and a machine with a 100mm outlet, would the 100/120mm adaptor link the two?

Thanks

Hi Mark
It was about 8 years ago but I opted for all the Felder extraction for the very reasons you are having. I have used this product since http://www.axminster.co.uk/heat-shrink-sleeve but on smaller difficult extraction sizes, not sure if there is a larger size on the market?
Let us know how you get on, the Felder extraction was not cheap but at the time I couldn't find anything of better value/less trouble.
Cheers Peter

custard":1kx4dsyy said:
PAC1":1kx4dsyy said:

So if you had a hose that terminated in a Felder 120mm quick connector, and a machine with a 100mm outlet, would the 100/120mm adaptor link the two?

Thanks

Why would I be trying to connect the felder connector to another machine? The whole point was to connect my 100mm flexible hose to the felder. I have a piped system with three outlets and connected to these three outlets one has 100mm flexible ducting connected to the felder adapter. Another is just 100mm flexible connected to 100mm adapter. The third is connected to 50mm flexible for my mitre saw. If I were starting again I would do as you did and install the felder system .

PAC1":2exvsshi said:
custard":2exvsshi said:
PAC1":2exvsshi said:

Thanks

Why would I be trying to connect the felder connector to another machine? The whole point was to connect my 100mm flexible hose to the felder. I have a piped system with three outlets and connected to these three outlets one has 100mm flexible ducting connected to the felder adapter. Another is just 100mm flexible connected to 100mm adapter. The third is connected to 50mm flexible for my mitre saw. If I were starting again I would do as you did and install the felder system .

I didn't explain myself, you aren't but I will be! I'll soon be trying to plumb in a 100mm machine to a Felder extraction system and wanted to know if this adapter would do the job.

Ah I understand. Just tried and sadly it will not work the 100mm fits inside the flexi pipe so is the same size as the outlet. Talk to Felder they must have something

PAC1":uuww8rza said:
Ah I understand. Just tried and sadly it will not work the 100mm fits inside the flexi pipe so is the same size as the outlet. Talk to Felder they must have something

Thanks for trying. I'll give Russell a call at Felder but I'm not hopeful, guess I need the gas board to do some work in my street!

Back