Feather Boards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You haven't said what size timber you are going to be cutting. Or if it fir a router table, table saw or bandsaw. Horses for courses. If all you will be cutting is relatively small profile stock then that Rutland type should be fine. I think the second example you give is 'style over substance' TBH.

If you get tempted with the Magswitch feather boards on, say, a cast-iron table saw then be aware that Sod's Law dictates that where the actual Magswitch needs to lock down will be right over the mitre slot and so have only a very weak hold. DAMHIKT. Marcros's idea is a very good one.

+1 on the magswitches, I have two and already realise I need at least two more. Great for making your own jigs.

IMG_20140615_173946.jpg

This is a perspex blade guard for when I have to remove the existing blade guard from my TS-200, since upgraded and replaced with polycarbonate after constructive advice on the problems with Perspex! It is normally used with the blade guard removed!

Attachments

• IMG_20140615_173946.jpg
    IMG_20140615_173946.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,098
OK guys thanks for all the replies. I now realise that I did not provide adequate information in original post. So here goes which hopefully will clarify:

Router table use mainly, not cast iron top its MDF covered with micro dot something or other, large range of sizes from very small to quite chunky - up to say 2400mm L, 400mm W, 30mm T. Sometimes shorter, narrower but thicker.

The reason the first Rutlands offering caught my eye was it would make two infeed for fence and table top mounting and two outfeed, or could be stacked if doing large pieces.

I guess that it might also work on the bandsaw but that would be a secondary use.

Hope this helps and thanks again.

Back