Fast, child safe Children's jigsaw painting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandybay

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on here but from what I've seen it's a knowledgeable crowd so I expect I'll get some good answers to my problem

I've started making tray type jigsaw puzzles for kids using the letters of their name. I've tried child safe acrylic paint but some of the colours are a bit translucent and even the more opaque colours need two coats plus the undercoat which takes ages even without the sanding between coats.

Searching around I found a set of dyes which are tested safe on toys and they give a nice strong colour. Time taken to 'paint' each letter about 10 seconds. Perfect, except that if you then suck and chew on the letter the dye comes out and stains your lips, fingers, settee, carpet etc. I know because I sat there and chewed and licked a test piece.

So, it needs sealing in, also with a child safe product. What I would like is something I can dip the pieces in and just let them dry on some type of rack so that I can make these things much quicker.

Chrispy":3b8mpj75 said:
Have you tried these people they do all kinds of play safe paints and stains etc.

Sorry should of said welcome, stay around and show some of your work when your ready.

Those paints look good, if a little expensive but the dyes look like a good solution apart from not knowing what to dip them in to seal the colour in.

I tried to put a photo up but it said the file size was too big

Latest posts

Back