Farewell old friend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
My Myford ML8 has gone to pastures new. Another novice turner with zero budget.

Some of you may know I got my lathe via the freecycle network. I put up a wanted ad, under the premise "no cheek no chance," and got a reply within hours of it being published. When I decided to upgrade, I thought it would be a bit of a cheek selling the machine so left it in a corner waiting for the right opportunity.
Lo and behold, an advert appeared on Monday so I replied very quickly. The freecycler appeared with a trailer on Tuesday, and disappeared over the horizon with a huge smile on his face.

Without the opportunity I was given, I would not be in the position I am in now. As my old Mum was fond of saying, "It's nice to be nice."

Well done and that guy is going to be happy.

My first was an ML8, sold it for the same money as I bought it for after about 4 years.

gregmcateer":3bpkpi1c said:
'One good turn deserves another'
Sorry - hat, coat...
I should think so to.
You have no idea how much self restraint it took to not say that. :)

Go Freecycle.. I just got a reply from a nice lady who has some recently felled Apple logs:). Hoping to arrange pickup over the weekend. If I manage to make anything worthwhile from it then I will make a gift of it for her.

procell":2pmemftm said:
Go Freecycle.. I just got a reply from a nice lady who has some recently felled Apple logs:). Hoping to arrange pickup over the weekend. If I manage to make anything worthwhile from it then I will make a gift of it for her.

if you do make sure you cut it down the pith as soon as you get it

procell":5rnx0bps said:
If I manage to make anything worthwhile from it then I will make a gift of it for her.
Thats a nice touch.
and she will tell her friends and then if they have any logs, etc etc

wcndave":2lgdah1r said:
but you said what goes around comes around - which is just as bad as the good turn pun!
(hammer) (hammer) (hammer)
I honestly hadn't thought of it as a pun.
Cleverer than I thought I was :)

That's a nice thing to do....there are some nice people in the world. Not everybody is a miserable arrogant waste of space (I blame the parents!)
I think I will freecycle my lathe when I mange to tame it !

Latest posts

Back