Fancy Dress

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a friend's 40th coming up - the first one to tip over that milestone. Its fancy dress and the code is 70s film or TV star. Its likely to be a big thrash so am happy to put in some effort!

I want suggestions - that don't just make you like an extra in The Sweeney or indeed Life on Mars and I also don't want to have to explain who I am. I don't want to be one of a series of say 'Burt Reynolds'.

I'm quite excited about Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout but experience tells me that lots of face paint is a bad idea as the night wears on and especially on going to bed DAHMIKT!

So let fly with your creative juices and see what you can dig out from the dim and distant past of your viewing memory.

Plus my missus needs a costume too!

Cheers

Tim

Howdy Tim, how about Wonder Woman for your missus and maybe Batman for your good self.....or if you really wanted to you could get the missus to dress up as catwoman!

SimonA

Any Star Trek character, Jason King, John Steed & Emma Peel , Beverly Hill Billies, Dukes of Hazard and their lovely cousin.

Not that I remember any of those :)

s'pose being a space hopper is out of the question? :lol:

How about Mr & Mrs :norm: I suppose getting the Mrs to wear a beard might be impossible :lol: but a checked shirt tool belt and most importantly don't forget the safety glasses :lol:

Apocalypse Now was 1979 - Col. Kilgore - "Charlie don't surf" and all that. You'd only need one of those daft 7th Cavalry hats and some OGs. Better still you'd have your name on your shirt so they wouldn't have to ask! 8)

... or if you're more the Marlon Brando shape then Col. Kurtz - "Da horrrorrr"

You're right though. I reckon they'll all show up like extras from The Sweeney.

What about the Wombles? Could be a bit warm in a hairy suit I suppose :?

mmm :-k

Multicoloured Swap Shop!!! Edmonds or Chegwin and Maggie Philbin for Mrs Tim! No end of opportunities for cheesiness there! :lol:

or Blake's 7!! Gawd, how naff was that? You could be that smug git Avon. Can't remember if there was a woman in it tho'. I guess there must have been.

TOTP - Noddy Holder/Elton John/any long-haired flared platformed geezer. Could Mrs Tim pull off Pan's People on her own? :wink:

Compo & CLegg?
Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia,
Wolfie Smith & ?
Starsky & Hutch?
Tucker & Suzanne
Worzel Gummidge & Aunt Sally
Blake & Servalan
Monkey, Pigsy, Sandy and or Tripitaka for the (gender bendery)
Steve Austin / Jamie Summers

wait theres more...
I just cant think of them at the moment, of course I don't remember any of them myself.
:whistle:

Cheers Mike

Bill & Ben

or even Mr Ben for that matter.

The Banana Splits. You got a quad bike? :lol:

Windy Miller and yer woman. Was that Trumpton or Camberwick Green?

Rocky Horror Picture Show if you like dressing up in the old parachute gear ... but lets not go there!!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't let me interupt this double act, but Are You Being Served, The Good Life, Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin, The Goodies, and of course, Fawlty Towers all leap to mind as ripe with possibility.

Cheers, Alf

How about someone from

THUNDERBIRDS

say Thunderbird 3 , have T/bird ? as a hat , do the silly walk , like you are on strings :p

bit like this

tbflight.jpg

and the other half as

penelope.jpg

Zippy and Bungle

Andy Pandy and Loopy Lou

Whoever you end up, as you will post a piccie won't you?

Andy

Thanks for the replies all.

(except Roger S. - NB I know when your house will be empty!)

Scott - I take it that it was a dull watch last night?

The thunderbirds idea is very good indeed - with the Wombles/ Clangers as close second.

NB My wife doesn't have to be part of a double act - I like the catwoman idea in particular :eek:ccasion5: :whistle:

Keep 'em coming

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back