Fancy a drink?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Hannaby

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's something to hold! :wink:

Apple wood with plenty of hand carving to leave just the lugs for the handle to attach to. There is a slight taper from bottom to top but the photo doesn't show it too well. Comments welcome

Attachments

• apple-tankard-lr.jpg
    apple-tankard-lr.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,228
Paul I admire the tenacity needed to carve the outer to leave lugs for the handle root, will admit to being cheap enough to have settled for a turned outer and a more obvious handle root myself.

Was this just a personal challenge or a commission project ?

Paul, I know just what went into the turning of that. I was given a commision to make a copy of a Selangore Perter pot that I have carried for years. I can't find the photo at the moment, but I do have one of a 2/3rds one that I made for my eldest Grandson as his Christening mug. Sods law said that it was destroyed when the flat where my son was te manager of the Old Fleece, Woodchester :shock: :shock:

I made another for him and this is it

Jacobschristningpot.jpg

Maple body with mahagony base and handle sides, but they are fixed directly to the cylinder, so no carving was needed.. The inside is parallel and the wall thickness is as near as damm it 1/8"

That's a hansom pot you have created and not an easy project.

Hi Mike, I used melamine lacquer as the finish so it should be waterproof.

Hi Chas, This was a commission but it's nice do do something I don't usually do for a change.

i am trying to work out how you did it :?:

you can tell me on the way down to Axminster on Friday :D or is it a trade secret :roll:

Dave :D

I haven't actually measured the volume accurately but I made it from a 4" square blank and worked on the biggest diameter for the base I could. The height was chosen more based on proportions rather than volume.
No secrets Dave, I doubt if anything I did was that different from anyone else!

Nice project Paul

I like the tankard body

however the handle is not to my taste ( but its not for me so that counts for nothing :lol: )

I can see a smile on your customers face already :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back