Eyballing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodgermatic

Established Member
Reaction score
The final arbiter of true, square and flat are the measuring tools we use - but I'm willing to bet there are a fair few people on here who can look at a piece of wood an tell you whether it's square or not. So how good are you at eyeballing measurements and angles? Have a go:

http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

Do 3 rounds of 7 tests, and you get an average score, mine was 3.54

First go 2.97, and that's with the mouse throwing a wobbly a couple of times and giving me way out results... ;)

My Stats:

Your inaccuracy by category:

Parallelogram 3.6 4.0 7.3
Midpoint 1.4 5.4 1.0
Bisect angle 0.8 3.5 10.6
Triangle center 1.6 2.2 1.4
Circle center 1.0 2.0 1.0
Right angle 0.1 1.2 0.2
Convergence 5.1 5.0 4.0

2.41 :)

Got me on the leader board. Couple of bad scores I got were down to the mouse moving a bit when clicking. Clamped it down tighter and did better afterwards.

I'm not in the Game mood right now, but there was a time, sadly a goodly while ago, when I could look at a board and tell you how thick is was. To within 0.5mm. I jest not. Ok the range was narrow, but I could tell you if it was 19.5 or 22mm. 21 or 18.5. I couldn't do it at 30mm. I simply leaned to see what it was like. I couldn't do it now. I may never do it again, but it's astonishing how you can get those sorts of skills just by practice.
S

I'm not in the Game mood right now, but there was a time, sadly a goodly while ago, when I could look at a board and tell you how thick is was. To within 0.5mm. I jest not. Ok the range was narrow, but I could tell you if it was 19.5 or 22mm. 21 or 18.5. I couldn't do it at 30mm. I simply leaned to see what it was like. I couldn't do it now. I may never do it again, but it's astonishing how you can get those sorts of skills just by practice.
S

Same for me with bra sizes. :(

John

Latest posts

Back