Extending my existing flat roof workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
I built the shop 16 years ago its been since modified for double doors and the passage way between it and the garage was sheeted over and doors fitted for dust extractor
a%20%201s.jpg

The plan is to use existing doors and window frame . After extracting frame made small window bricked up a support pillar and cut remaining brickwork for demolition later also temp closed remainder of window hole.
a%20%205s.jpg

a%20%202s.jpg

a%20%203s.jpg

a%20%204s.jpg

a%20%206s.jpg

a%20%207s.jpg

Modified door for more light
a%20%208s.jpg

Sheeted over from garage to new flat roof.
a%20%209s.jpg

Roof to be warm type using kingspan thermaroof tr31
b1s.jpg

a%20%2010s.jpg

b2s.jpg

b3s.jpg

This is the story so far, the existing shop will also be reroofed so more to follow

I'm having the same problem as Shultzy, I'm afraid. It also says the very first photo on the dust extractor can not be found. :cry:

Ah, yes, I can see it all now. :D

Don't like the look that guy's giving you in the second photo though!! :? :shock:

:)

Hi All,
"Roof to be warm type"
This is the second time I have come across this in a few days, what do you actually mean?

Cheers
Bill

Conventional loft/flat roof insulation is cold roof it insulates then any water vapour passing through is taken away by the cold cross ventilating air above the insulation.
This system stops water vapour with foil, insulates and can then have a impermeable roof covering directly applied no ventilation its a clever simple system.
http://www.sustainworld.com/images/shared/companies/Thermaroof TR31 2005.pdf

Mike.C":3rupgo7j said:
Nice one, with all that extra space I bet your well chuffed :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Unfortunately. Two hours after the official opening of the workshop extension, all free space had disappeared & now he's back to square one. :wink:

Chris.

Latest posts

Back