exhibitree

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
is anyone going we are hoping to go probably sunday if the weather is ok??

Is that the same as Westonbirt ?

Hope to be there Friday, weather permitting, to get all the good timber and specials before you guys get there on Saturday ! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Paul. :D

I'm intending to go on Saturday, barring disasters. I want to get to as many of the masterclass sessions as possible, especially Bob Cosman's dovetailing demo. And of course I might need to buy a few bits and pieces!

The Boss has said she wants to come too....

Les

:( all planned to go today but went to do a car boot needed to make the paper stuff not spend it. hope i did'nt miss anything to good . will hopefully go next year.

I went on Saturday. I have to confess that this is the first proper woodworking event I've ever been to! :oops:

I've paid plenty of visits to various tool shops during the past few years, and seen one or two furniture exhibitions, but they're not the same thing. OK, this sort of event may be 'old hat' to more seasoned woodworkers, but for me it was all new and very enjoyable.

It was great wandering around all the trade and guild stands, wood sculpture, etc, and noting the high quality of (most of) the work on display.

The turning and chairmaking stands were interesting - chairmaking is something I'd like to try out in future, time and cost permitting.

But the best bit was attending Rob Cosman's two masterclasses, the first on half-blind dovetails and the second on mortice-and-tenon making. I realise that these topics have been covered on this forum and elsewhere, but it was good seeing Rob demonstrating his techniques in the flesh. It's certainly encouraged me to improve my technique and try to speed up my work (guess anyone can get a joint to fit properly eventually!). These two sessions were certainly worth the £8 entrance fee.

Even SWMBO enjoyed herself (when she wasn't watching me like a hawk in the Classic Hand Tools marquee!).

Talking of Classic Hand Tools, they were definitely worth a visit. It was difficult not to be tempted into carrying out a boot load of new tools. But, having watched Rob's first demo, and since tools from you-know-where were on offer, I bought a dovetail saw and Rob set it up for free. It cuts like a dream!

Nest year, if it's on, I'll try and visit again. Recommended.

Les :D :D

Back