Excuses excuses!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerM

Established Member
Reaction score
OK! Ready to start a new project once I've cleared out the garage, so when better than a bank holiday weekend. I started moving stuff around before starting work and heard a twittering from amongst the tins on the shelves. It appears that I have a family of Robins nesting on the shelf, and they come and go by squeezing under the garage door.

Now, given that I have a project that I need to get on with, how long are the Robins likely to be there? The young are twittering away but I can't see them, and the parents are coming and going continuously. If I work in the garage am I likely to stop them feeding their young? Should I continue regardless? Could I work but stop periodically to let them come and go - and if so, how frequently? I don't want to be the cause of the nest being abandoned, but I want to get on as well. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Maybe spend a bit of time fixing the wheel kit to my new SIP p/t. Oh great! The box containing the wheel kit from Axminster doesn't contain any wheels! Aaaaagggghhh! There's alway b*%$*? summat!

Don't really know the answer Roger, but in the normal way Robins are quite cheeky and seem to like human company. They are always sitting on my mower or fork handle when I'm doing the garden.

I suspect, however, they will get protective where their young are concerned.

Try the RSPB website - might have something there.

Paul

Robins are quite bold but the prefer to nest in quite covered and secure places. I'd leave them to finish nesting rather than risk disturbing them. I realise that this is a pain but it would be too sad to have them abandon the young.

We had a Robin last year that came into the house to nick the dogs biscuits, infact every time the back door was left open he was there. It didn't stop there though, you often found him sitting on picture frames in the lounge and the back of chairs, he became very tame and wasn't bothered about the presence of my two newfoundlands. :D

Back