Excellent bandsaw offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Copeland

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

For anyone looking to buy a good quality bandsaw here's just the thing.

http://www.yandles.co.uk/record-power-b ... 230v/p5011

Yandles have a woodworking show in the next few weeks and have listed one of their show offers online. It's the Record Power BS400 bandsaw which they're selling for £899.99 with free delivery. That's £100 off the original price!

This really is a great offer!

I bought one last weekend at the original price through a different seller and it's being delivered on Wednesday. I contacted the company this morning to ask if they'd match the price which they reluctantly agreed to and are issuing me the difference as a refund. They were shocked that Yandles had listed a discounted show item online and were going to take it up with Record Power...

I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat!!

undergroundhunter":2503amqs said:
Just the ticket I've been eyeing one of these up for a while now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Matt

Hi Matt

I bought the wheel kit with it as the bandsaw weighs about 140kg! Unless you're planning on never moving it I'd recommend you consider adding the wheel kit to your order. Yandles are doing it for £59.98.

Don't get sucked in by the Record Power blades on offer. Everyone I've spoke to sings the praises of a guy called Ian at Tuffsaws. Seemingly his blades are far superior to other brands. After speaking to him about the BS400 bandsaw he recommended the 3/4 SuperTuff Sabercut blade and the 1/4 SuperTuff Sabercut blade which came to £34.50 including delivery.

Record Power BS400 bandsaw £899.99, BS400 wheel kit £59.98, free bandsaw delivery and 2 x TuffSaws blades £34.50 comes to £994.97. So you can have a really great set up for under a grand and all this will cost you less than the original price of the bandsaw alone!!

They shouldent be too surprised Jamie, at shows across the country, Record have been offering reductions and free delivery on their equipment for some time now. You did well to get your reduction. Don't forget that you will need to 'tune' your bandsaw and keep it so. Have a look at these videos that will help you.

THE BEST FROM A BANDSAW 'Alex Snodgrass of Carter Industries has an excellent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU on a tune up method that works well, but if you want to get the best use of your bandsaw on an ongoing basis, then the Steve Maskery DVD's will show you far more and they are a real investment. http://www.workshopessentials.com/shop/ '.

For checking the tension of your blade - A Flutter test Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zZuDosSy0

Malcolm

I am surprised for two reasons. First, RP usually make it a condition of their show offers that you buy at the show, second, that show is not on 8th and 9th March it 8th and 9th April - next Friday is 11th March not the 8th. So my conclusion is that this is not a sow offer, but that Yandles are undercutting everyone else on the BS400 which is why I guess your man was going to have a moan at RP.

But none the less handy for you and well done for managing to get the money off!

Terry.

Wizard9999":wnlycaj9 said:
I am surprised for two reasons. First, RP usually make it a condition of their show offers that you buy at the show, second, that show is not on 8th and 9th March it 8th and 9th April - next Friday is 11th March not the 8th. So my conclusion is that this is not a sow offer, but that Yandles are undercutting everyone else on the BS400 which is why I guess your man was going to have a moan at RP.

But none the less handy for you and well done for managing to get the money off!

Terry.

Thanks for pointing that out, Terry. I've corrected my post.

Alexam":3vty7e7g said:
They shouldent be too surprised Jamie, at shows across the country, Record have been offering reductions and free delivery on their equipment for some time now. You did well to get your reduction. Don't forget that you will need to 'tune' your bandsaw and keep it so. Have a look at these videos that will help you.

THE BEST FROM A BANDSAW 'Alex Snodgrass of Carter Industries has an excellent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU on a tune up method that works well, but if you want to get the best use of your bandsaw on an ongoing basis, then the Steve Maskery DVD's will show you far more and they are a real investment. http://www.workshopessentials.com/shop/ '.

For checking the tension of your blade - A Flutter test Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zZuDosSy0

Malcolm

Cheers, Malcolm!

undergroundhunter":10adal90 said:
So Ive gone and done it, got myself a BS400 on order.

Matt

Congratulations!

Mine is being delivered on Wednesday. Can't wait!!

What company did you go with? Did you order any blades or wheel kit?

I went with Yandels in the end. I plan on buying blades when it gets here and the wheel kit will be next on the list, unless I build something.

Matt

undergroundhunter":28x7rio8 said:
I went with Yandels in the end. I plan on buying blades when it gets here and the wheel kit will be next on the list, unless I build something.

Matt

Sounds good. Mind check out Tuffsaws when the time comes for blades.

We struck lucky, Yandles have hiked the price back up to £999.99!

Jamie Copeland":1ynarke8 said:
undergroundhunter":1ynarke8 said:

Matt

After all the rave reviews for tuffswas I wouldnt use anyone else. Glad I put my order in now as I was debaiting weather to wait or not.

Matt

900 pounds for a 400mm hobby grade bandsaw........ pretty much the total cost for my newly rebuilt E.V.Beronius 600mm industrial grade bandsaw.

Just putting things into perspective.......... and before you get too wound up at me I want to state that a 100 years old cast iron monster isn't the best choice for absolutely everyone.......

heimlaga":uiyibvge said:
900 pounds for a 400mm hobby grade bandsaw........ pretty much the total cost for my newly rebuilt E.V.Beronius 600mm industrial grade bandsaw.

Just putting things into perspective.......... and before you get too wound up at me I want to state that a 100 years old cast iron monster isn't the best choice for absolutely everyone.......

Very true but I couldnt fit it in my single garage workshop or power it from an extension lead on 240v.

Matt

Jamie Copeland":o9k191ct said:
undergroundhunter":o9k191ct said:

Matt

That is probably your fault Jamie. I suspect the guys you drove down by £100 by referencing the Yandles deal spoke to Record Power who spoke to Yandles :lol: .

Terry.

Well its arrived and its a beast of a machine, Ive left it on the pallet for now as I don't really plan on moving it around too much. Looks like the instructions are a little out of date as some things it told me to fit were already on the machine. Got the table set to 90 degrees and made a couple of test cuts and even with the stock blade cuts pretty well (my tuff saws blades have been dispatched today so I'm hoping they arrive before the weekend) Managed to cut a 16th" thick veneer straight off the bat. If anyone is interested I will try and post some photos over the weekend.

Matt

Back