Excel Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradNaylor

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Excel for my customer orders. I have a template which I fill in for each order and then save as a new worksheet. By looking along the tabs at the bottom of the screen I can view my entire outstanding order book. Once an order has been completed I move that sheet to another workbook. It works like a dream.

However, I am having trouble transferring this workbook from my PC onto my laptop. The tabs seem to be hidden under the blue bar across the bottom of the screen. How do I get them back?

My PC is XP and my laptop Windows 7

Cheers
Brad

It sounds like the spreadsheet isn't maximising into the space properly and is being hidden by the taskbar. Try maximising it - middle button at top right hand side OR double-click on the window bar (coloured stripe across the top).

If that doesn't help, try resizing, moving or auto-hiding the taskbar.

AndyT":yey5l85g said:
It sounds like the spreadsheet isn't maximising into the space properly and is being hidden by the taskbar. Try maximising it - middle button at top right hand side OR double-click on the window bar (coloured stripe across the top).

Ta.

That's kind of fixed it - the spreadsheet then appears in a smaller window in the middle of the screen complete with tabs. When I go back to full screen however, the tabs disappear.

At least I can use it now until I can work out the full solution.

BradNaylor":13rdywu2 said:
That's kind of fixed it - the spreadsheet then appears in a smaller window in the middle of the screen complete with tabs.

With the excel spread sheet open as per your quote above drag the sides & top and bottom to fit your laptop screen as required then close the sheet then re-open the sheet hopefully excel has then remembered the size settings

Brad

I don't have W7 but I can kind of recreate the issue by clicking (on XP) in the following menu's along the top:

View>Full Screen

This then makes it full screen but I lose the tabs. You could try looking at that and seeing whether it's switched on, and turn it off...

Also, if you look in the same menu and turn on/off the Status Bar as sometimes this can get corrupted and throw its toys out of the pram.

Let us know how you get on.

Back