EX 30 Excalibur

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summertime

Reaction score
7 posts
MANCHESTER UK
Posted Today, 07:56 PM
Hi , the top arm on my EX 30 wont stay up when I lift it like it used to do, saw still works, I have not moved the tension knob. I try to keep the gap at the back of the arm the same as the front to minimise the front to back movement of the blade. Anyone got any Idea what has gone wrong or moved?
ROY Manchester UK

This is not tension knob.
This is for set up upper arm parallel to table.
Then you can adjust the blade (play with motor) to the ideal movement up and down.
And now you cutting sped was decrase by 20-30%, but it increase the precision of the cut (I do not see the difference).

If you want to cut faster (for not fretwork work :) ), you use this knob to set the arm not parallel to the table.
The blade then moves like at parallel arms type scrollsaw exaple Proxxon DSH.
paralel-arm.jpg

Ahh buy spare part 2 x Motor Cam code : Ex30-C10. That break really easily i replace 3-4 this parts.

Hi,

I have the Excalibur EX21 and had the same problem when I got it from new.

It's an easy fix. On the other side of your EX30 opposite the motor at the back ( the left hand side rear as you look at it from the front of the table.) There is a round cover over the linkage assembly and in the top corner of this cover at about 10 - 11 o'clock you will see a screw and locknut. Undo the locknut and tighten the screw until the arm stays up on its own and comes down again when you push it down. It won't need much adjusting and does not need to be super tight!, then tighten the lock nut and job done.

Periodically during your ownership it will need re-adjusting as it loosens but I've had my EX21 for almost three years now and after setting it from new I've only needed to re-do it a couple of times so far.

Hope this helps. \:D/

Back