ew table saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john darkstar

Reaction score
Hello all

does anyone have advice about the axminstar t200 or t250 table saw, this will be my first one so don't know if its worth getting the more expensive one or not, I don't do a lot of work just some at home after the day job but I do buy sawn wavy edge timber and cut it and plane it to size myself, I have been cutting 3 inche ash down to size then planning it to 1.5 inches with a thicknesser, thought a table saw will save burning out my Makita circular saw

thanks in advance

The 250 has a more powerful motor. Also the maximum cut of the TS200 is 60mm so if you need to cut 3" then its not deep enough.
I'm in the same boat (about to buy one or the other) but I mostly work with sheet goods.

The TS200 is a generally well-thought-of machine. It's no Rolls-Royce, but it is perfectly adequate for the sort of work for which it was designed.

A friend of mine does have the TS250 and he is very happy with it, BUT be aware that it does take up quite a bit of space, it is not a small machine. In fact, we ended up cutting a foot or so off the rail because it dominated his space too much.

ok thanks for the advice all, well I have a large single garage and I think any table saw is gonna take up room, just a quick one are they ok using for cross cutting with the slding table bit, saves getting a mitre saw as well

Well yes, but of course, crosscutting requires a crosscut blade, ripping requires a ripping blade. If all your stock is thin (say 1" max) then you can get away with ripping with a CC blade, as a proper rip blade becomes too coarse.I have a combo blade fitted to mine, it does both jobs adequately, neither brilliantly.
A sliding table takes up even more room! TBH I think that the 250 would be too big for a single garage. In that kind of space I would choose the 200 and build a CC sled.

yeah I'll have a little think about the size issue,, thanks for all the advice, these places are amazing as I don't have anyone else to ask so great stuff people

Latest posts

Back