Especially for beginners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of traffic in this section recently from beginners asking various questions.

There are several sites full of helpful info, especially Steve Goode, Mike's Workshop, Pozgai's Designs, and Rick's Scrollsaw, most of which are pretty familiar once you get started. These are mainly US sites BTW - they seem to be more active with their scrolling over there than here in Europe - but don't overlook our own scrimper, member here, who's also published some excellent videos on Youtube and is obviously a Brit!

But I've just come across another new one (well published 2014, so it's new to me anyway), which came to me courtesy of a recent post on the US Toy Making Forum.

It's another US site, this time a video of over an hour in length. It's presentation is a little muddled and wordy (and "rustic American"!) for my taste, but it's absolutely packed with answers to just about all the questions you'll ever have when starting out - and a few answers to Q's you didn't even know you didn't know! It's even got a bit about tilt-back tables there, which is one of the Q's that cropped up here just recently.

So to anyone with Q's, apart from asking here, I recommend spending an hour with this video. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIuF5O7SfCQ

HTH

AES

Hans Meter, I just can't get comfortable listening to him; don't know why :(

BOB at Paradise I can watch all day long :) :D

Can someone post up an alternative link to Bob at Paradise practice printout please (i can only get a web based copy which is too small)....to go along with his videos....I cant access it from the link given...Thank you
Regards
C

xiphidius. If the above links don't work, send me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a file. I'd post it here but I only have it in .pdf format, and the software of this Forum does not permit posting .pdf,s.

AES

Latest posts

Back