epson sx 515w printer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My Epson printer is printing very dull pictures these days, I do use and always have used generic inks and they have been ok in the past.

I have tried boosting brightness and other controls in paint shop pro but no success, anyone got some suggestions.

(the colours I see on screen are not produced when printed)

Got psp X7 trial and printing from that is no better.

I am getting a message stating that Windows 7 basic colour scheme is being used.

Something about Aero not available, looking up some info.

Does it have something to do because I am using the printer wirelessly?

Perhaps it would be better to go cable again?

devonwoody":1cv0ybhy said:
I do use and always have used generic inks and they have been ok in the past.
As soon as you move from using genuine ink, the printer has no knowledge of what actual colours are being printed, so all of it's colour management system won't work correctly. You might get lucky for a while with inks that are close to Epson's own colours, but then another set may be very different.

Start off by doing a nozzle check to make sure all the printer's nozzle's are working correctly. Blocked jets are a frequent cause of poor colour.

I am getting a message stating that Windows 7 basic colour scheme is being used.
Something about Aero not available, looking up some info.
That's about your screen display and what graphics acceleration you have available on the system. It won't effect printing.
Does it have something to do because I am using the printer wirelessly?
Perhaps it would be better to go cable again?
No, that makes no difference.
the colours I see on screen are not produced when printed
The trickier question is which is correct ? There are plenty of good proper solutions to this, but they can be quite expensive.

First of all try to set up your monitor correctly. Use Window's Calibration options; Control panel > Color management > Advanced > Calibrate display then work through teh calibration wizard.

Another useful approach is to get hold of a known good print from a reliable source and use that to try to get your screen to match. Photobox send out a reference print with your first order that is quite helpful when compared to the original file you can download.

Try printing using Epson File Manager as that seems to be able to work best for me and I have both the Epson SX 415 and the larger Epson R 2880, which I use for very best photos. I mainly use Epson Premium Semigloss photo paper, but also the Epson Premium Glossy. This sort of quality
ATTACH]

When you pull it up, you first select your photo file and then tick to photo/s you want to print. Then you click on the Easy Photo Print ikon at the top, which brings up the paper selection page. Select paper and size then click on the Layout and Print button at the top, then click on print button at the bottom

It should work correctly. You should also clean your printer heads regularly.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Katie _6287 Reduced.jpg
    Katie _6287 Reduced.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 772
devonwoody":1joyci3y said:
I am getting a message stating that Windows 7 basic colour scheme is being used.?

This is just the way PSP works, same message for me but it doesn't seem to have any effect, other than the way W7 uses the screen.

Thank you Alex, I have never used that app before having always gone straight from an imaging app.
The monitor picture was of better quality and after making adjustments I requested the print but it then could not find my printer. I think this is because I have the printer set up wireless and a patch was got to get my sx515 to work that way, so there is a conflict somewhere.
I see that the paper quality set ups were way beyond my stock, and to be honest the pictures are mainly used for an art group and ordinary typing paper is used because of quantity required for the group but truer colours would have been of benefit to us.

Back