epson printer finally given up :(

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djgilbo

Reaction score
Good evening, I'm new to this site only just registered i heard about this site from google after typing my printer details and have noticed some members on here have topics about there epsons printers being faulty so i thought id register and see if anyone can give me any advice what to do to solve my problem.

I have a Epson Stylus Photo R200, display lights are flashing etc doesnt let me use it. ive even re-instaleld it nothink changes can anyone tell me what to do to get my printer epson stylus photo r200 working again please?

im temptin to pay for it to be fixed on ebay for £5 but am i wastin my money? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Stylus-Phot ... 0480193372

Strange, joining a woodworking site to ask about printers.

Epsons aren't the best and if it's been out of ink for sometime bin it.

Hi,

If I remember its a maintanance thing, you can download a program to reset it free.

Pete

Racers":2evisct5 said:
Hi,

If I remember its a maintanance thing, you can download a program to reset it free.

Pete

If that doesn't work then I would
1] Uninstall printer then
2] Restart computer making sure the printer is not attached to computer.
3] Clear anything in the registry to do with the printer search for epson in regedit & delete [Only do this if you are comfortable to edit the registry and have backed it up]
4] Restart computer
5] Install printer & attach to computer when asked during install
6] Restart computer

If that has not worked then maybe a new printer is required as some manufactures program them to stop working after agive time.

Majorlarf":334z61zm said:
Racers":334z61zm said:
Hi,

Pete

3] Clear anything in the registry to do with the printer search for epson in regedit & delete [Only do this if you are comfortable to edit the registry and have backed it up]
4] Restart computer
6] Restart computer

If that has not worked then maybe a new printer is required as some manufactures program them to stop working after agive time.

Your reference to manufactures inserting a life span.

Which models?

Name and shame?

devonwoody":1rqg5cpk said:
Majorlarf":1rqg5cpk said:
Racers":1rqg5cpk said:
Hi,

Pete

4] Restart computer
6] Restart computer

Your reference to manufactures inserting a life span.

Which models?

Name and shame?

An xp windows forum that I used to frequent years ago this was always banneded around epson used to be the main culprit.
I used to have an epson & mine seemed to go the same way & I have had friends who's epson printer has gone the same way also. I only use & only recommend canon & It would take alot to make me consider any other printer

Well, it may be a strange query for a woodwork forum, but it's a useful one nonetheless! My R200 was starting to play up, and the sites offered look to be just what's needed.
(Gave up using the R200 because it was such a pain, and went back to a 10 year old Epson 1270 A3 printer, which works fine!)

SSC Service Utility sorted out an 'End of Life' problem with my Epson C48.
However as my ink pads were full I needed to clean them first. These collect the ink that is pushed through the ink jets during cleaning cycles. In my machine at least they are made of some sort of felt and were fairly easily cleaned.
Do not assume that as the ink is water soluble a quick hand wash will clean you up afterwards :oops:.
Clean the pads with plenty of water, warm or cold seems to make no difference. I don't know about cleaning additives as I was concerned about the possibility of the pads falling apart.
Have a good deal of fun if you decide to do it.
xy

Dare I mention that my Epson R300 must be around 5 years old, and did have a 6 month unused period around four years ago. I only ever renew cartridges with Premier Inks. In fact when I set up the printer after that six month rest it printed perfectly without changing any inks.

Perhaps the usage is tied to the number of prints actually created?

Hope I have not cast a spell. :wink:

I bought a disc off ebay which gave all the information needed to reset my R300.It will also reset the R200.

Go on Ebay and type in Epson reset and you will find it there.

Alan.

Latest posts

Back