Epson printers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone got an Epson XP760 printer as I am having problems with my new purchase.
I refer to the manual to load the paper, it tells me to on page 48 to select the paper size on the touch screen and press DONE.
DONE does not appear on the screen.
Any ideas as it's driving me batty. :evil: :evil:

Alan.

Looks like a poorly written manual.

Try This:

You can also display the paper size and paper type settings screen by selecting
Setup > Printer Setup > Paper Source Setting > Paper Setup.

MrTeroo wrote
This is what comes on the touch screen.
I press Set up, and then printer set up is shown, then go to Paper source settings,and I choose Cassette 2 which is the source of my A4 paper. I can then choose Paper size A4. and the A4 symbol turns blue as if to say that is what I want but there is no DONE to accept it.If I press A4 again it just goes back to the screen where I chose the paper size before, and round and round I go :evil:
I can still use the printer as I choose the settings on the computer.
Thanks for your replies and I will try to get an answer from Epson.

Alan.

I have this printer.
I was pretty much forced to buy it because Epson decided that my previous one, which I'd had for many years, was at the end of its life. Nothing wrong with the output, but it was simply too old and Epson insisted that I had it serviced or got a new one. Guess what is cheaper?

The output on this is different, my DVDs are different colours than they used to be and the loading tray for them does not hold the DVDs as positively as my previous one did. Half the time it insists that they are not loaded or are of non-standard size. It's very annoying. And as I am using 3rd party inks which cost the same as gold, rather than the Epson inks which cost the same as platinum, there is a nag screen extolling the virtues of genuine Epsom.

So I'm only moderately happy with it.

Now, rant over, to answer your q.

Select the paper size from the list. A4 is the top one.
Select the Back icon (BL of the screen)
Then the DONE button is at the bottom of the screen.

HTH
Steve

steve wroteSelect the paper size from the list. A4 is the top one.

Sorry Steve tried that but all that happens is that I go back to the screen that tells me to select the paper size and paper type. :evil:

Will not give up. (yet)

Alan.

Steve Maskery":15mm4y7q said:
I have this printer.
I was pretty much forced to buy it because Epson decided that my previous one, which I'd had for many years, was at the end of its life. Nothing wrong with the output, but it was simply too old and Epson insisted that I had it serviced or got a new one. Guess what is cheaper?

The output on this is different, my DVDs are different colours than they used to be and the loading tray for them does not hold the DVDs as positively as my previous one did. Half the time it insists that they are not loaded or are of non-standard size. It's very annoying. And as I am using 3rd party inks which cost the same as gold, rather than the Epson inks which cost the same as platinum, there is a nag screen extolling the virtues of genuine Epsom.

So I'm only moderately happy with it.

Now, rant over, to answer your q.

Select the paper size from the list. A4 is the top one.

HTH
Steve
When they say it needs servicing, it's usually the waste ink sponge that needs replacing. When you buy a new printer, it might be worth seeing if you can fit a waste ink tank to it instead. When I use to use my epson there was a programme you could use that reset the printer as if new, so no counter to tell you it needed servicing. Might be worth looking into ?

Cheers

Coley

Yes that was the problem. But I couldn't be sure that the programme would actually do what it claimed and I figured even if it did work it would not be very long before some other problem arose.

I did look at removing the foam pad (which I could see but not get at) but it was just too difficult.

I would have heartily recommended Epson up until this incident.

To be fair, it didn't owe me anything, I was just miffed that Epson decided when I should change my printer, which was working perfectly.

Had to get in touch with Epson help line and they went through the various settings. Don't try to print envelopes from the cassette tray, but load them singly using the rear slot. What about the book telling me different? What bout selecting the paper and press DONE? Basically ignore the book :roll: :roll:
Now sorted. :D :D

Alan.

MrTeroo":whc0obmd said:
Looks like a poorly written manual.

Try This:

Could also be software/firmware updates rendering the manual out of date. It happens.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

gwaithcoed":1emvfdou said:
Now sorted. :D :D

Alan.

It would be helpful to other people down the line who search for the same problem and find this post, if you would post the steps you took to do it?

How to print Envelopes>Set printer options to Rear paper feed and C6 envelopes

1/ switch on printer
2/on the home screen select " Set Up"
3/on set up screen select " Printer Set Up"
4/on printer set up screen select " Paper source Settings"
5/ on paper source screen select select " Paper Set up"
6/ on paper source settings select "Cassette 2"
7/on cassette 2 select " Paper Size"
8/ on paper size screen scroll to the setting that you wish to print

Lets say I wish to print on C6 envelopes I select this option. I then go to Micro soft word and select Mailing > envelopes. I then type in the address Then select " Options ". Then press " Printing Options".Then in " Feed From" choose " Rear Feed Border less> OK > print."
On the print preview screen press "Print" then follow the instructions on the printer screen and press "Start"

If I wish to print "A4" size go from 6/ select "Cassette 2"> Paper Size> Scroll to "A4". Select the document you wish to print and press "Print"
In the XP760 "Properties" Select "Cassette 2" Document size A4 > OK > Print.

It works for me. I haven't tried printing photos yet I am waiting for my brain to catch up :D :D

Alan.

Back