Members can turn off viewing Ads!

epoxy colouring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone any suggestions for colouring epoxy? Primary colours and black would be fine. I know how to do it, but I don't want to take out a mortgage for the odd pinhead of colouring I wish to use.

Rorschach

The end is nigh.
Reaction score
Peter Brown did a video testing household items for colouring epoxy.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I looked on evilbay and there are some quite cheap sets of small pots, but it'll be interesting to hear from people who've actually used stuff.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
What are you using it on Phil? I have mixed it with stuff before, anything from coffee to toner cartridge. I have also painted the item behind it and used clear.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Minute amounts on the ends of pen blanks. I've one where the drill drifted a little on the start, and it occurred to me that if I filled any gap before any further work it would be easier - the chance of anything actually showing is small, but for the sake of filling it first the risk of its showing wouldn't exist. I much prefer epoxy to CA. Thinking ahead a bit, really.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I would mix with something powdery to hand- coffee grounds are as good as anything. mix it with the resin before adding the hardener.

not sure if you are onto acrylics yet, but there are 2 schools of thought with these- paint the tubes, or back paint the hole in the blank. I prefer the latter, or to do both.

Latest posts