Elu router and table good deal?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_S

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had my eye out for a second hand router and found an elu mof96e in the local paper. I've read old threads so know what to look out for with the router but can't find much about the table.

I'm presumming it is an elu table but won't know till I go and look tomorrow. It is also said it had a spindle moulding kit, what does this mean?

So questions are assuming the table is elu is it any good?

And how much it is all worth, up for £150 and says light use but this seems a bit high is it?

elu doesnt exist anymore but many of the machines are now dewalt which gives you a clue as to the quality - i dont now anythunk about the table but we've an elu router at work in our pantograph and its the dogs...

I have the Elu MOF96 and the Elu table for it - it's excellent for small work. DeWalt continued to make the table when they took over Elu - although I can't see it on their website. Might be worth 'phoning and asking whether they still make it and, if so, what the new price is.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":3ayvx1mb said:
Mike.C":3ayvx1mb said:
Hi Matt, heres an elu router table

That's the large table - the one specifically for the MOF96 was different.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi Paul, do you mean the tiny one with a table that was about 12" square, and the legs were so short you had to stand it on a bench?

If so then I wouldn't pay £150 for them.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Matt,

I got one in a batch of items I bought from a guy locally:

P3230041.JPG

I sold it to Mick Cheese from the forum because I already had a router table. It worked well and was a nice solid bit of kit. The only real downsides I could see were that it was a little low and the old router was single speed but otherwise a good buy. I sold the whole lot for £100 (incl carriage to Mick)

I'm sure if you PM Mick he'll tell you more than me.

Cheers,

Richard

I've got one of the tiny Elu tables with an Elu MOF96. Havn't used it as a router table for some time now since building my own table with another router, but it got a lot of use when I didn't have anything else.
Very good for what it is IMO.
If I remember correctly you can use the fence with the router handheld (hence the round handle on it) which can be useful for edge work.

Mark

The table and router I bought as above is very good. I also have a MOF96e and that is a lovely machine.

The only problem with the one pictured is the spring is very stiff and I cannot work out how to remove it. I just want to use it in the table. It's heavy enough to just use gravity to hold it down.

Does anyone know how to remove the spring from legs of a MOF77 I think it is?

Mick

Well I got the router and table. Ended up paying a little more than I wanted but there was other people lined up It is boxed and hardly used, came with the very small router table mounted into a wooden table so I'm happy.

Thanks for the advice.

Back