Elektra Beckum HC260 P/T - Spares

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurreyHills

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an old model HC260 P/T where the thicknesser bed is raised via a set of cogs and a chain. I need to replace 2 of the aluminium cogs. I have tried Powertoolspares but can't find it in their list of HC260 spares.

Anyone know anywhere else I can try.

Well Metabo took EB over. Some of their recent planers are similar/identical, and I've had success in getting what I needed for my SCMS using equivalent Metabo parts.

Metabo themselves (UK) are in the Southampton area. Although they do keep or can source a lot of spares, they only sell spares directly for current or almost-current models (to judge from their web site).

Try Lawson-HIS: www.lawson-his.co.uk who I used to get bits for the KGS300. They were very helpful, and added the parts to an order from Metabo. It took a while, but I was able to get some ancient, long obsolete accessories that way.

If you can find any other suppliers, it may be worth ringing round as I've found prices vary enormously: some suppliers were 2x the prices of others, but it isn't consistent. Having said that, I can't fault Lawson's for service, and helpfulness though.

HTH,

E.

PS: D+M Tools in Twickenham stock lots of Metabo accessories, but they may not do spares - never asked. They are helpful though.

Eric - thanks for the Lawson contact. They are seeing if the can source it via Metabo in Germany. Had to send over some photos as they want to be sure that thye get the right bit for me.

Received the spare cogs today from Lawson. Fantastic service as they used a photo I supplied to work out the relevant part number. Turns out that Metabo can still supply bits for my 30+ year old P/T.

Can't believe that I ordered them 2 days ago and got them today.

Back