Electronic chips

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as far as I know they are energised by the scanner and transmit a code, a strong radio frequency signal might burn out the chip, but it might get hot.

Pete

Generally electronic things fail most often when you're muttering "Please, please work, I'm in a tearing hurry and if you don't work I'll be up to my neck in the bouillabaisse". So you might try that...

:wink:

If its a small dog it will fit in the microwave (can't find a crisp doge smilie)

Pete

are you trying to steal a dog, or is it on the witness protection program and needs a new identity?

Can you not give it another 5 chips, so that nobody will know which the real one is?

There was an American woman did just that Pete. She used to bath her 'rat on a lead' and dry it off in the oven for a while. She got a microwave, shoved the dog in it and fried the poor little thing. Then she sued the makers and won, because they didn't say that you couldn't dry your dog in it!

Makes you wonder don't it?

It isn't in a dog and it's too big for the microwave unfortunately :(

Pete, I knew that there was bound to be some really helpful and serious replies to this one :? :? Thank you all for your input to my problem :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gave me a giggle :mrgreen:

Here you go. A favourite in Korea...

7661235133501870.JPG

Before someone goes off the deep end, here's the accompanying write-up..

We know what you're thinking, and we're thinking it too. But repress your puerile hamster-in-microwave urges because as you might like it to actually be a giant pet microwave you can use on the yapper next door, it's merely Daun ENG's Pet Dry Room. Debuted at the Seoul International Dog show, the device hits your poochie with a bit 'o infrared to dry its skin and protect it from painful rashes. But we all know what it's going to be used for: solitary, dude, for when Rover stabs that dog across the street with a shiv over a pack of cigarettes.

It might be worth a thought that if you use an hotel with electronic
key cards, that it will contain all details of your transaction.
I have seen lots of these cards just dropped on tables or the desk
as the user is leaving.NOT A GOOD IDEA. take the card with you or
run a magnet over the black strip before leaving it.
Roger.

theturner":14w7qr52 said:
It might be worth a thought that if you use an hotel with electronic
key cards, that it will contain all details of your transaction.
I have seen lots of these cards just dropped on tables or the desk
as the user is leaving.NOT A GOOD IDEA. take the card with you or
run a magnet over the black strip before leaving it.
Roger.

...or just keep it in the same pocket as your mobile phone! great when you just slogged up four flights of stairs to find your door wont open. again! :evil:

Anybody see the Channel 4 news item about Barclaycard's 'waft-your-card-to-pay' credit card? Apparently you can read the data by placing a smartphone on top with suitable software. They demo'd it on the programme and captured all the data on the front of the presenters' card.

But, I hear you say, so what? Not much good these days without the three digit number from the back. True...it's only the small ecommerce outlets that don;t bother with the three digit CSC number. As the programme went on to point out, small ecommerce companies like Amazon. Other credit cards from other suppliers appear to be fine. Just the odd 13 million issued by Barclaycard plus the 4000+ readers being installed for the Olympics just might have to be recalled.

Why would a hotel card contain your bill details ?
It just contains a code which is matched with the hotel database when you swipe it, if they swipe it in the bar it's just to identify you and the bill details are added to the hotels database, not your door card.
Once you check out the code is invalidated and will not longer function till it's given a new code.

mind_the_goat":11fzdif1 said:
Why would a hotel card contain your bill details ?
It just contains a code which is matched with the hotel database when you swipe it, if they swipe it in the bar it's just to identify you and the bill details are added to the hotels database, not your door card.
Once you check out the code is invalidated and will not longer function till it's given a new code.

Agreed. http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/hotelkey.asp

My dog has 3 chips in him so the Blue Cross tell me from his records but only one works, we have this one tested at the vets.
Sorry but not much help.

The simple solution would be for me to pass my hand over the chip, the affect that I have on electronics is a family joke!
I don't have a mobile 'cos they won't work for me.
The wife bought me a card today, it has two pictures on it, in the first one the chaps is sitting in front of his computer screen swearing blue murder as his wife intones, 'you have to punch in the correct information for it to work!'
The second pic shows him smashing his fist into the screen and shouting, WORK YOU HEAP OF SCRAP!
That's me!

Roy.

When I was an IBM hardware eng I was sent up to Glasweege for a week to get some factory experience on the new, state of the art colour screens because one of my big customers, British Oxygen, were getting a boat load of them. I learned from the guys on the product test line that there was a certain card that could come loose and how to sort it. Well, a little while after that I was in a different customers with another engineer, showing him the new screens. we got a call that one was playing up and went to look at it. There in front of us was the simptom of the card. To the other engs horror I spread my arms wide and BASHED the screen on both sides at once. The screen sprang back to life and as far as I know never played up again. Ever after I was welcomed as some kind of wizard in that place :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's all down to knowing just where to bash it Roy, ot just lashing out mate!! (hammer) (hammer)

Mythbusters proved that running a magnet over the brown strip to the back of card don't work.

It may help if we knew what it is in more details.

Can the chip not be submerged in water while energised? Do you have access to the chip? (I guess not or you would simply hit with something heavy)

Latest posts

Back