electrical components sourcing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have a commission for a piece of furniture which has very specific lighting requirements.
The power lead needs to be detachable, like a printer power lead.
I also need a night sensor so the lights come on automatically in the evening.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Senior

Hi Senior, I would have thought Maplin would be the best bet for the plugs and sockets and I know Toolstation sell the light sensors. Hope this helps. :wink:

Just had a look at toolstation, think the miniture photocell should do the trick, many thanks mailee. :D

Senior...

Try stortford wholesalers in Rainham road...

Just in case anybody asks, Senior will know where I mean...

Marky

As Nick has said if you have any probs then give RS Componants a go and if they don't have it then it don't exist.

They are:-
a) A bit pricy
b) Often sell in 'units' which means you may have to buy more than you need right now
c) You'll need a business address (And registration number)

Hi Senior,

Hopefully this might save you some searching:

Maplin has fused IEC inlets, Non-fused IEC inlets, and IEC mains leads

The above are all 3-pin and suitable if you need an earth conductor. I think they're rated for 5A which is plenty for most lights.

If you only need 2 pins and up to 2.5A, look at their ‘Figure-of-8’ Mains Power Inlet and mating `Figure-of-8' mains lead

Maplin's pricing is not usually great, and their stock control can be erratic but for a one-off project, going there can save the hassle of setting up an account with RS or buying the £30(?) minimum order from Farnell/CPC.

Cheers,

Neil

Haffele sell everything you can think of . They even sell everything your customers think of . In fact i'm pretty sure they sell every thing SWMBO can think of :shock: :lol:
I do know the sell lighting systems with "safe" plugs and auto sensors .
On a cheaper scale most 12v stuff is safe isn't it ? Why not plug 12v lighting into a timer plug thingy .

Thanks marky know the place will check it out.

JFC- without sounding to snobby :) , this customer is very particular and very wealthy, if he wants night-time sensors and black detachable leads then that is exactly what he shall have and unfortunately hafele don't do them.

I'm sure that with all the contacts people have supplied I will be able to find what i'm looking for, many thanks to you all.

Ive found the very very rich like to hear about the cheaper option rather than going off and spending their money . 9/10 prefer the cheaper option , thats why they are very very rich :roll:

This guy is an arms dealer from troubled foreign parts, give him different to what he wants and I might just disappear, so if I don't post for a long time it means that I tryed to get away with a timer thingy, call the police :shock:

Back