Electric/small/portable air compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamonn

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been searching for something along the lines of a "electric/small/portable air compressor". But everything I'm seeing on the internet has car battery clips on it.

I would need something with a wall plug on it, so I can plug it into the my van inverter and at the end of the day and blow myself down.

So I would guess, it wouldn't need to last too long? Just a quick blow at lunch and home-time would do. The smaller the better but with as much blowing power as I can get.

Does anyone have any knowledge on small/portable air compressors and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I have a small, tank-less Clarke Jumbo compressor that would do the job - BUT I've had mine for about 40 years and I'm not sure they still make/sell them (Clarke is Machine Mart* here in the UK) - what you might find is a compressor that's designed for artists to airbrush artwork that MIGHT have enough oomph for what you want.

. . . and there are some battery air blowers that would do the job? - we have an Einhell (Ozito) blower for the garden, pretty powerful and only cost about GBP£40 - I've used it to brush myself down. Scott Brown on YT uses a similar blower to clear his benches and workspace.

* similar Clarke Monza 6.35cfm 1.5HP Portable Oil Free Air Compressor - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

I've got the 24l version which is very good, however the lead on it is stupidly short. Good for a brad nailer, air blower but not enough for spraying. Maybe the next thing to upgrade....

I've got the 24l version which is very good, however the lead on it is stupidly short. Good for a brad nailer, air blower but not enough for spraying. Maybe the next thing to upgrade....
Seconded, the casing around the power switch broke in transit on mine. Seems a common issue looking at reviews. But they sent out a replacement part no hassle.

. . . and there are some battery air blowers that would do the job? - we have an Einhell (Ozito) blower for the garden, pretty powerful and only cost about GBP£40 - I've used it to brush myself down. Scott Brown on YT uses a similar blower to clear his benches and workspace.
Great suggestion !
This has to be the best solution to the need for a quick portable way to dust off people and stuff.
I remember having a corded Ryobi garden blower years back and the air blast was like a hurricane. The small cordless tool and workshop blowers these days look like a handy little tool and make a better air blast for dusting down than a compressor would. I've put one on my shopping list.

I scared myself properly one time trying out a small new push oiler.
I put my finger over the nozzle and squeezed to feel if it made a decent pressure. Then realised that the nozzle was tiny and potentially it could make more than enough pressure to push oil through my skin.
I know a guy who lost the use of an entire arm through a hydraulic injection incident so I had a couple of sleepless nights worrying and was thankful that the tool was cheap tat and didn't work well with oil rather than grease.

Dad was always strict with us as kids about not messing with air lines at the petrol station.

I have a small, tank-less Clarke Jumbo compressor that would do the job - BUT I've had mine for about 40 years and I'm not sure they still make/sell them (Clarke is Machine Mart* here in the UK) - what you might find is a compressor that's designed for artists to airbrush artwork that MIGHT have enough oomph for what you want.

* similar Clarke Monza 6.35cfm 1.5HP Portable Oil Free Air Compressor - Machine Mart - Machine Mart
Thanks, something like that was what I was thinking of... although the other poster talking about getting air into the bloodstream, makes me want to research your other suggestion.... a battery blower.

I'll research both, thanks.

Firstly. DON'T blow yourself down with compressed air! the potential to introduce an embolism is very high. Before anyone jumps. I did it to myself years ago and without good medical intervention. I wouldn't be here now.
I agree, but I always hold it far enough away, so it's like a strong breeze.

Probably too big.
If its just to dust yourself off from work, you'd probably be just as good using this age old technology....
wheel brush-850x805.jpg

If its just to dust yourself off from work, you'd probably be just as good using this age old technology....
View attachment 163614
That, doesn't get it all... and can have dust on it too from use during the day. I'm looking to get it all off my clothes. I don't want any work dust, coming into my house as I have photography and computer equipment.

Also, I'll add. I would be using it to clean shop vac filters from time to time.

I have been searching for something along the lines of a "electric/small/portable air compressor". But everything I'm seeing on the internet has car battery clips on it.

I would need something with a wall plug on it, so I can plug it into the my van inverter and at the end of the day and blow myself down.

So I would guess, it wouldn't need to last too long? Just a quick blow at lunch and home-time would do. The smaller the better but with as much blowing power as I can get.

Does anyone have any knowledge on small/portable air compressors and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Your best buying a dewalt battery 18v blower I use it for everything and it’s brilliant for blowing dust off my clothes I use it to dry my car too

Back