Electric Guitar Project - Almost Complete!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron
Thanks for your comments - I like the mini-headstock (matches the acoustic) but the pick-up covers makes sense. Maybe I'll try a black pair and see how they look?
I'm just so pleased with it - now I want to make another electric. Maybe a Strat........ :wink:
Philly :D

Nice work phil, looks a real nice build.

If you need any tonewood give me a shout, I have some nice brazilian mahogany and some redwood caps that would make a nice body - and I've also got a number of rock-maple neck blanks if you want to go down the route of a traditional maple neck strat..

What sized BM do you have Colin? I have some 2 piece blanks that are good but I think I'll move on as I'm thinking of doing an SG next and would like a 1 piece for that

I'll let you know the thickness tomorrow, but they are long enough/wide enough for a piece body, each piece is large enough for two bodies.

The thickness of the boards is about 35mm - so after planing, would probably need a cap to bring it up to final thickness unless you want a thin guitar - the SG is not far of that figure.

Back