'effin' Parcelforce

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
Anyone any idea how to complain/claim against Parcelforce for damage caused. Not to the parcel but my house. Got home this evening to find a 1m long 200mm wide tube had been forced through the locked RF cat flap in my front door and was sitting halfway into my living room. Just as well it was a painting and not something else in the tube. So flap now U/S.
Dread to think what wood have happened if some cat other than ours had come in and the mayhem that would ensue when it met the dog.

Not a hope I am afraid.

It is in the training manual for Parcelforce that all drivers must only ring the the bell and wait 30 seconds, if no one answers they then are to either jump up and down on the package to make it fit the letter box or any other opening they see or if it is raining throw it over the back fence and not put a card through the door.

If it is a business they are to ignore all signage saying delivery entrance and then try to bend 3m wardrobe rail around a tight corner into the reception area taking the paint off the door and walls.

I used to go out and help them if things were heavy but now I watch them struggle in , and then tell them to go back out to the delivery entrance and bring it in there, while I walk through the workshop and then sign for the delivery at the correct door.

All the other carriers come to the back door, or at least come in the front before they unload, and ask where to go if they have not been to us before.

DPD local and even UPS are just as bad, seriously, I've actually had better luck with parcelforce and royal mail, maybe it's just luck, but sending anything thesedays is a bit of a gamble, I find the process very stressful.

I must be in the minority. My parcel force guy is sound as a pound. He knows if the workshops shut to drop it else where.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My daughter just sent a small package from England to me in Cyprus.
well, that was plan A.

They sent it to the return address on the back.
My daughter now has to go and post it again. No return address this time.
At least it amused my 7 year old grandson (which I think shows he is already overqualified for the job).

I have had that happen many times.

It's worst when sending to Canada, they insist on the return address being top left on the front (other wise they are prone to sending it back out of spite), of course that means it often gets delivered to the return address. One parcel took 3 attempts to actually leave the country!

I don't check everytime but If anything makes me suspect that a company intends to use parcelfarce for delivery, I ask them to send with a different carrier or lose my business. Some are amenable. Others not...

this isn't really about Parcelforce, and their success rate with delivering parcels in general.

It is a single driver that has caused damage to your property. Both the driver and Parcelforce would be liable for this damage, but you would typically claim from the one with the deepest pockets- the company. That is your legal right. It is a civil matter. Technically, criminal damage has also occurred here, but the police will not be interested given the value.

The downsides. The burden of proof is on you. You need to consider your time, and how much you value it. To claim a legal right, you may need to go to court. Sometimes, your power is in the threat of taking it further.

In the first instance, you need to write to them and make a claim for the damage. Quantify the cost of a replacement cat flat, etc. Be reasonable- if a spare part is available, it would be unreasonable to claim for a whole new one. If you need a new one, it must be comparable- you can't profit from the incident. Take pictures, and show as much evidence as you can.

When you make a claim, whether they do anything about it, or ignore you is a different matter. To be honest, there are many (most) companies that will ignore claims from the general public for small sums of money, because they know that you will not pursue it. A letter from a solicitor tends to help here, because they take it more seriously, but you have to pay for that. If they ignore you after a couple of letters that is when you may have to go to court. This is a small claims court matter, which is designed for the layman to use, but it is still hassle. As I said before, you will need to prove that the driver caused the damage and if you have not already convinced the company that you have a case, you are probably not going to have any new evidence now.

I would suggest that you find the email address of the CEO and write an email. Be polite and explain what has happened and the cost of rectifying it.

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9552 no idea if this is current.

NB this is not legal advice. it is a quick note from a woodworker given the limited info in your opening post.

Latest posts

Back