Eclipse 20T hacksaw frame bolt size/tpi.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
That simple a question. I lent my saw. Yes I know. Thanks. It came back with the bolt that varies the frame size (situated in the top of the handle) missing. Sigh.
Does anyone know the size, tpi etc.
Posting this question to save me trawling through the internet in the hope someone out there goes. Up yeh. I know that. Here's a link.
Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_20230109_200541.jpg
    IMG_20230109_200541.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
One of mine is M4 Standard.
The other is 1/4 UNJC.

You need to measure the bolt/screw.

Or drill it out to a bigger size.

Thank you! So fast! I think (guessing) it's metric. I'll have a dig about in the screw tin.
Much obliged for the answer. Much appreciated.
Failing all I'll drill and tap.
Thanks again YA.
Chris

@Bm101: One of mine is M4 (the standard coarse thread), the other is M6 (ditto). Depending on the material - one of mine is steel, one is pressure die cast "ali-zinc-monkey metal) I wouldn't be very happy about either a self-tapper, OR drilling it out & retapping, especially if die-cast.

Here anyway, you can go into any DIY Emprium and see loads of small bolts in various lengths with bolts and machine screws in both MS and SS with a variety of heads in all the standard sizes and varying lengths, threads from M3 up to M10 or 12, in little packs varying from 20 off (small sizes) to 4 off (the larger diameters. surely there must be one of the DIY chains stocking similarly in UK??

So it's surely "just" a case of taking the saw with you to the shop prising the most likely-looking pack/s open (no one looking!) and finding the right size. Here - definitely NOT the cheapest country in the world! - the cost will be a couple or three quid equivalent.

If really not available in UK, measure the diameter and send me a PM with your postal address and I'll happily send you a bolt of the correct dia which I'm 80% sure will fit (depending on the age of the saw).

Last edited:
Cheers AES. Typically knowledgeable and generous.
Tbh I've just smashed a pound on eBay to get a 4m hex bolt delivered. Expensive for 1 bolt but a bargain for a quick fix and a working saw.

Exactly the same thing happened to mine..as in the screw fell out ,hit the floor and vanished down a “worm hole”. Somewhat exasperated and needing to use saw at the time I crammed the closest size one I could into the threads even though it was far too long and actually cross threaded itself but have not gotten around to sorting it yet as it did let me make the cuts I needed to get done.

Back