early fathers day gift machine gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've wanted one of these for ages and today I got one. A wadkin pk dimension saw. I will be takeing it to bits and rebuilding all nice and shiny. It came from door makeing factory from sunderland which has closed. Their was a wadkin tennoner and other big stuff. And a huge amount of hardwood timber open to offers. I'd spent all my pennies so couldn't make an offer, a real shame as there was bubinga, sapele, oak, maple and lots more.

sawontrailer3.jpg

sawontrailer2.jpg

sawontrailer.jpg

Mark

Blimey; you're a braver man than I am driving along without any strops to hold that saw in place. Or did you drive very, very S....L....O...W...L...Y?
Would have been pretty horrid to hear all that lovely cast iron toppling sideways on a corner.

Hi Dick, It didn't move an inch the whole journey. It weighs alot. I haven't worked out how I'm going to get it off the trailer yet. :D

hi there , you are not going to invade another country are you ? it looks like a 14.5 mm anti aircraft gun on there!!!

wallace":2eedkuau said:
I haven't worked out how I'm going to get it off the trailer yet. :D

Maybe hire something like this?

67710.jpg

- which I hope doesn't cost more than the machine did!

AndyT":3i8jx1gw said:
wallace":3i8jx1gw said:
I haven't worked out how I'm going to get it off the trailer yet. :D

Maybe hire something like this?

67710.jpg

- which I hope doesn't cost more than the machine did!

Mark:

Alas, photobucket is blocked here so I can't see your saw, but the engine hoist above would do a good job. In addition, it would be very, very handy for taking off the top, the motor, and extracting the trunnion assembly. Really. Get a folding one and it will sit nicely in the corner, waiting for you to use it the next time. I use mine 3-4 times a year, and I'm sure it's saved me the cost in avoiding broken parts and injuries.

Kirk

Another vote for an engine crane - mind you, mine only cost £10 from a garage sale.
BUT, one word of warning if you get the folding sort. Be d**n careful when folding it not to leave fingers anywhere that they could get trapped. Some of the folding metal bits would make good guillotines. SO FAR, I've manage to avoid chopped fingers, but there's been some brown trouser moments. The various bits of the crane are all heavy, so they have a lot of momentum once they start moving.

Back