DVR/Security Camera software

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Anyone on here have any experience of and suggestions of good DVR and/or security camera software for PC?

I have a system I am looking to upgrade and I have had a quote from my alarm company which was extortionate, and another from someone who would do it as a foreigner but that was still over a grand for 3 camera's, DVR and related cabling.

I am looking at just replacing the old timelapse VCR with a DVR for now and doing the rest over time rather than spank the cash in one go. I am fine with the pc hardware part but need the help with the software piece.

Cheers

Mark

TrimTheKing":3o95fdwv said:
Hi Chaps

Anyone on here have any experience of and suggestions of good DVR and/or security camera software for PC?

I have a system I am looking to upgrade and I have had a quote from my alarm company which was extortionate, and another from someone who would do it as a foreigner but that was still over a grand for 3 camera's, DVR and related cabling.

I am looking at just replacing the old timelapse VCR with a DVR for now and doing the rest over time rather than spank the cash in one go. I am fine with the pc hardware part but need the help with the software piece.

Cheers

Mark

Depends if you are a Linux person or not. I personally would never use Windows for a CCTV system unless it was a noddy task.

The following may be of use\interest,

http://dvr.videotechnology.com/

The other choice is dedicated kit - this is far from clear as well, what with the different technologies, J2000, H2.64, MPEG4, etc. It boils down to what you want it for. Deterrence or evidential purposes should the need arise. Deterrence isn't worth dung in my book - unless backed up with on site presence.

I've just come down the road you're starting - so you might as well get the benefit without the agro! :lol:

Drop me a PM for my Nbr - be easier (and less public) over a chat.

HIH

Dibs

Back