dvd bookcase question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lark

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this should be under buying advice or general.

I don't really have time to make one my self and still a novice. Its hard to find a website that sells close to the size i would like e.g about 100cm wide and 90cm tall and D to fit a dvd's (not too deep)
sizes can change a bit to allow for shelves, as in bit smaller/bigger if waited room in-between shelves

i dont know if any one here would make or knows a website, also i don't really want to pay too much "closer" to £100 would be nice if that is possible i did see one at £125 made from pine but it was too tall at 177cm and this is to fit under my bedroom tv.
any help would be much appreciated
kevin

Lark":2h0w434k said:
I am not sure if this should be under buying advice or general.

I don't really have time to make one my self and still a novice. Its hard to find a website that sells close to the size i would like e.g about 100cm wide and 90cm tall and D to fit a dvd's (not too deep)
sizes can change a bit to allow for shelves, as in bit smaller/bigger if waited room in-between shelves

i dont know if any one here would make or knows a website, also i don't really want to pay too much "closer" to £100 would be nice if that is possible i did see one at £125 made from pine but it was too tall at 177cm and this is to fit under my bedroom tv.
any help would be much appreciated
kevin

Kevin...

If you know what you want, then work out the design on paper. Then get B&Q (or similar) to cut the carcass pieces and shelves for you. With a pocket-hole jig, you could put your case together yourself. At least you can say 'you made it', and from experience, it will be just as strong as anything you'd buy from places like IKEA. And a lot easier to knock-down if necessary.

HTH

John :)

thanks for the replies.. i did start making one out of oak mdf. left to do adjustable self holes, sanding, staining and finishing but it had been sat there few months then the garage got filled with some one else stuff and no room and was not fully happy so i took it all apart.

i tried amazon could not find anything close enough, far to deep for dvd's made from pine and might ajust the size maybe around 150ish or them horrible cheap looking things.. better off stacking the dvd's on the floor :)..
ill keep looking and hope something comes up

Back