Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark-numbers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I am currently researching into a dust extraction system for my workshop, whist I understand this is more of a hobby forum, there are some very knowledgable folk here.

I am looking to purchase a 15kw fan and 6 bin filter with auto shaker unit as it needs to extract from a fair few machines. I know the extractor is man enough to move 7800m/3 using 355mm master duct of air an hour.

My question is how do you plan the ducting in the most efficient manner?

machine 1 - 200mm outlet
machine 2 - 200mm outlet
machine 3 - 4 x 125mm outlets
machine 4 - 125mm and 80mm outlet
machine 5 - 125mm and 80mm outlet
machine 6 - 125mm outlet

machine shop is 24m x 12m

I'd appreciate anyones advice on this, as I like to have an understanding on how to calculate the ductwork before either a) doing it ourselves b) paying someone else to do it.

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar set up.
I run a main 300mm pipe down the centre of the shop, from which I first take a 200mm pipe to the four sider and edgebander, The main pipe then decreases to 200mm from which I take off pipes for the p/t, rip saw, panel saw, 3 spindle moulders and speed sander. the main pipe decreases again to a 150mm from which I take off 100mm pipes for edge sander, chop saw and power tool extraction.

So to sum up one central pipe decreasing in size, with large pipework coming of first and then decreasing. The idea is to keep the air moving at a constant speed. I have clipped metal ducting, I find this way better than spiral, if I get a new machine I just unclip and rearrange, very simple, worth the extra money.

Ahh nice both

I have to install over xmas, so won't be able to wait until w16

Where did you buy the clipped stuff from Bob?

over what distance do you decrease the diameter?

Back