Dura Grit Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Has anyone here tried the DuraGrit bits? I want to great a series of dimples to make a textural pattern on something I'm working on. I've tried the diamond ball bits, but they just burn. I need something that cuts a sort of bowl shape into the wood.

The other option is dental burrs. But i can't seem to find them big enough on a 1/8" shank (dremel).

Any experience?

ahh thanks Pete. I've seen those before, but it looks like he's grown the line. I think I'll give them a go 8)

Yeh, I wouldn't mind betting they're the same as the saburrs. I think I'm going to try a couple of the saburrs. I've not heard or seen any reviews of them on the net.

cornucopia":25h62ch6 said:
the duragrits are very good and last a long time but the saburs are faster and also last for ages

That's the kind of recommendation I was looking for! ;)

I found a site last night where they where using them to carve out guitar parts.

Those cutters look interesting - my daughter wanted me to make some wooden blocks with various sized depressions in them to use for shaping jewellry. I was thinking of making these on the lathe, but those cutters might do the job more quickly and flexibly. If you get some, let us know how well they work. She's based in the USA, so could easily get them.

Back