Drum Sanding Kit Replacements

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaffajim0

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this small drum sanding kit

Drum Sanding Kit 13-50mm
Catalogue p75Contains five rubber sanding drums 13, 19, 25, 38 & 50mm. Supplied with 20 sanding sleeves. 6mm spindle for power drills.
Code Delivered Reading Price inc VAT
15110 Drum Sanding Kit 13-50mm Each 7 3 £7.51 £7.51

from Toolstation today as I want to tidy up some small keyring size pieces of oak and can't afford a bobbin sander at the moment. I must say they are brilliant for the price and very good for small work. The only downside is the grade of abrasive that comes with it. It's 80 grit and the replacement set is also 80 grit. Does anyone know where I can get finer grit abrasive?
Sorry about the link. I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I found that a few sizes slip and weren't the best thing I've ever bought.

Silverline tools need we say more?

I know it's cheap but it looks like it will do what I want it to do until I can afford the proper machine but it would be much better if I can find a range of grits.

Carroll sanding drums are good. You can use any abrasive cut to size - held in place with an internal cam.
Matt

To be honest, and I bought the same kit, you won't really need any finer grit as it will likely just burn the wood. Once you have the shaping done it takes very little time to refine by hand.

Shrubby":z6a0dahi said:
Carroll sanding drums are good. You can use any abrasive cut to size - held in place with an internal cam.
Matt

Got a 50mm one from Harrogate show today, £24 not cheap but seems the dogs doodahs and you can use any 75mm wide paper just cut it to length.
Steve

Steve - I've had mine 15 years,expensive to buy but cheap to run.
I use it in a pillar drill with a false table(a shallow mdf box) with dust extraction built in. A centre hole 5mm larger than your drum and a hole in the edge of the box for the vac hose .
Matt

Shrubby":2848dluh said:
Steve - I've had mine 15 years,expensive to buy but cheap to run.
I use it in a pillar drill with a false table(a shallow mdf box) with dust extraction built in. A centre hole 5mm larger than your drum and a hole in the edge of the box for the vac hose .
Matt

Good idea that Matt :eek: you could use it a bit like a bobbin sander have to knock one of those up cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back