Driving Test - Mock Theory

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pebbles

Established Member
Reaction score
This was fun if anyone's ever tried it... http://toptests.co.uk

Gratifying to have passed even though it's getting on for forty years ... when theory hadn't even been invented back then!
Parallel parking's still a bit challenging though... :wink: :lol:

It was this article which provoked me into doing it... http://news.uk.msn.com/driver-fails-the ... -110-times

I am more amazed and heartened by people's determination more than the failures... wasn't it Edison who reputedly said he'd discovered 10,000 ways how not to invent a lightbulb before he was successful?

4 wrong but it was an error of touching the iPad screen not choosing the wrong answer for one question (honest), surprised that 'punch someone on the nose for their stupid driving' was never an answer you could chose :roll:

Baldhead

I Passed with two wrong - an appeal has gone in.

Q You breakdown in a tunnel
A Put hazard lights on and call breakdown company - duh - there is usually no radio signal in tunnels so I assumed no mobile signal and said wait for Police, cause the traffic flow will be monitored by camera.

Q When can passengers not wear seat belts
A When medically exempted - I said when parked up.

Brian

I got four wrong but was a bit puzzled by the logic with some...

i.e. reversing around a corner when you can't see... surely if you get out to check, by the time you get back in again couldn't something have suddenly appeared.... :?

and that was my logic with the tunnel.... ! :? :lol:
and disqualified... how would I know?! :lol:

but seatbelts....?! Not sure I was doing the same set of questions!!!

Three wrong and that's the truth so help me, not bad for someone who has driven tractors mostly in the field for 48 years :D

John Brown":340ib10a said:
Edison didn't invent the light bulb.
:lol: I should have said "was it Edison?"... couldn't remember without googling!

Hi All,

I didn't fair to well, ok!, so, I failed, but in my defence it was difficult trying to drive on the wrong side of the road, while sitting in my living room, in the U.S. Jamey

I think you will find its the right side of the road :wink: :D

Pete

There were huge chunks missing from that test. It didn't mention mooning out the window whilst driving past a speed camera once. And there was nothing about using the knees to hold the steering wheel while calling your wife on the batphone......obviously being careful to avoid spilling the coffee in the other hand....just rubbish!

Self Taught":fwgtgp9j said:
Hi All,

I didn't fair to well, ok!, so, I failed, but in my defence it was difficult trying to drive on the wrong side of the road, while sitting in my living room, in the U.S. Jamey

And if you had passed you would be restricted to automatics only :)

When we were in US we were asked about driving in the UK and I mentioned that it was largely manual shift/gear change unlike US and on the other side of the road. They immediately come back with 'and you shift with the left hand, Wow !' Never really thought of it, but on reflection perhaps we are just good and don't realise it. =D> =D> =D>

Brian

That made me smile, and remember that it took me about three days on buying a lhd to stop rapping my knuckles on the door when I wanted to change gear ... :roll:

pebbles":oifhz0fs said:
That made me smile, and remember that it took me about three days on buying a lhd to stop rapping my knuckles on the door when I wanted to change gear ... :roll:

and reaching into the middle of the car to put the seatbelt on......... :D

Back